Nexus Player on Google Play Store for $20 Off ($79 Total)

dgstorm

Editor in Chief
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
google-nexus-player.jpg

Here's an impressive deal on the Nexus Player. Google dropped $20 off the regular price, bringing the media device's price down to a paltry $79 bucks! We aren't sure if this is a permanent price drop or just a short lived sale, so you may want to jump on this early if you were considering getting a Nexus Player.

Here's the Google Play Store link: Google Store - Nexus Chromecast and more

Powarun

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
HTC One M8
I'd stick with the Fire TV, while I am really liking Google music and Android TV's, I really like what Amazon Prime Video has to offer and the reliable Ethernet port. Also figures they would drop it, since the Razer Forge is very similar, with more features.

LoneWolfArcher

Silver Member
Reaction score
I'd stick with the Fire TV, while I am really liking Google music and Android TV's, I really like what Amazon Prime Video has to offer and the reliable Ethernet port. Also figures they would drop it, since the Razer Forge is very similar, with more features.

If you mean the Fire TV Stick then I agree! You can't beat its $39 price and that it is a wholly standalone device (unlike Chromecast).

wicked

Administrator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 3 XL
Twitter
@MikeAlvez
Noooo David! Why must you post this! I'm this close to pulling the trigger and I don't even need one! :eek::p

Powarun

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
HTC One M8
Personally I bought the Fire TV set top box refurbished for 79.99, strictly for the Ethernet port. The other thing I really like about Amazon's offering was the Slingbox app, which does not require casting nor has commercials so far. Also I realized this is closer to the Apple TV box price, and that is a good move for Google to target.

akhenax

Silver Member
Reaction score
Fire TV stick is laggy. Chromecast is not. Also, it's not very good at keeping a wifi connection, even though it's powered from an outlet, and not a USB port on the TV. Yes, it's nice, but I would prefer a lag free, wifi signal grabbing experience.