New Extended Battery = 100% Unknown???

Caren4u2

Reaction score
Needing someone's help. I bought a new "OEM Extended Battery" Model BW8X for my Bionic and installed it this evening. Two suspicious things happened which have me perplexed. First, I need to tell you that I know I should plug the ph in and charge it 100% before I turn on the ph. I plugged my phone in....and where I would normally get the "charging battery" icon, I got nothing but a black screen. I waited a bit...then hit the power button....thinking that maybe something was wrong. The phone powered up as usual.....only the battery indicator in the upper right of the notification bar shows a red ? mark. After going into System Settings/ Battery the phone reads "100% Unknown"
I've never seen this before. This is actually my 2nd purchase of an extended battery, only this is the first time I've bought online from a vendor other than Verizon directly. I reinstalled my old battery and everything went normal.
I am thinking that my phone isn't reading the battery at all.....why...I don't know. Can this be fixed? Or do I need to send the battery back? Any help would be appreciated.

OP
C

Caren4u2

Reaction score
Ok, so I did a little test today. My husband has a bionic too so I put the defunct battery in his only to find the battery acting the same way. We bought two batteries so I placed the other new battery in my phone and find it works like a charm. I am beginning to think I have a detective battery. Looks like I'll be contacting the vendor in the morning. "Blame"