New Droid Bionic owner (thanks Amazon!!)

jimbarr

Reaction score
Hi!

I'm Jim Barr, and I just ordered a Droid Bionic through Amazon.com's Penny-Pincher sale. It should be delivered within the next few days.

I've been a PDA aficionado for years, particularly PalmOS devices going all the way back to the US Robotics Pilot 1000. Since completely Palm dropped the ball in the PDA market and gave it over to Apple, I've since moved over to the iPod Touch platform, currently sporting the 4g model.

My phone use has been limited to occasional voice and minor texting, so Smartphones were never really in the cards. With Amazon's sale and my desire to move from Sprint to Verizon, the timing couldn't be better, and I certainly couldn't pass up a Droid Bionic for $.01.

I predict that the Droid Bionic will provide my desired and needed function enough to be able to sell off my iPod Touch 4g.

Anyway, I look forward to this forum to see how I can better take advantage of this amazing phone, and how I can contribute in some way.

-Jim

OP
jimbarr

jimbarr

Reaction score
Amazon.com has been having a "Penny-pincher" sale through midnight today where most Verizon phones (except iPhones) are one penny...including Droid Bionics. This is for new Verizon Wireless customers only.

rck76

Super Moderator
Premium Member
Reaction score
Welcome to the forums:) I cracked the screen on my D1, tried to fix it but didn't work out, ended up spending over $300 at Verizon for an early upgrade :icon_eek: I had to do it though, I needed a phone and also wanted to keep my unlimited data plan. Congrats on your new purchase for a penny /jealous

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using DroidForums

JSM9872

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Galaxy S22+
Welcome to DF!!

And congrats on raking it in on that sweet deal. Make sure to stick around for a while, lots to learn here for sure!

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

S

SFGate

Welcome to the site. Nice to get a phone for a penny! dancedroid