New driod user here

ibemrsteve

Reaction score
Hello everybody,

My name is Steve and I've only had my driod for a little over a month. I love it and don't know how I got along without it in the past. My problem is I'm trying to tether and my laptop is asking for a network key to match up with my driod x phone. Does anybody know what I'm looking for and would it work better if I just took my laptop away from my in house router? This is frustrating and looking for somebody who can help me on this. Thanks to all who reply!

dlwhtrose

Super Moderator
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
God forsaken desert, wishing to be back in Dixie
Welcome to the forum.

To successfully tether.... Start the Tether on your phone first. then go to your "available networks" on your computer and look for "Android tether or network" that is the tether from your phone. click on it and you should be good to go.

OP
I

ibemrsteve

Reaction score
Hi dlwhtrose,

Thanks for writing back. I've been able to get as far as getting connected, but it's telling me that I have limited or no connectivity. When I look at the signal, it shows me that I have an excellant signal, but then gives me the limited or no connectivity. My tether shows that I sending and receiving and my hot spot shows a connection, but getting nowhere in getting on the internet! Any ideas on how to get over this hump?