need a developer for a DNC server app

OP
J

jmlaser

Reaction score
Funny how this came back around. Glad to see some interest here. Hadnt worked on this for a while but still very interested!

This is what I have been looking for since my D1... Please include me as well as I will help as much as possible with the project.
I just recently found the BlueSnap Bluetooth dongles, these give me hope as in the past I was waiting for USB support and drivers for the USB but they wont be necessary with bluetooth.

I am tired of dragging my laptop into factories to download simple code like this from machines for backups...

%
O0001
G90G92X0.Y0.;
G00X0.Y-.25;
M98P9250;
G01X0.Y0.D01;
Y1.0;
X1.0;
Y0.0;
X0.0;
G40X-.04;
M98P9000;
M30;
%

This is from an older (early 90s) Mazak L32 control (which is Panasonic based)

Currently I run a program called DNC server. Its an older XP version that is good and light. I can provide you a copy if you like or need it for testing/comparisons.

I can provide many examples and would really like to beta test.
Thanks for your time!
Jm

Droid Bionic

Last edited:

BitHammer

Reaction score
Glad to see you back! When we can get to that stage, I'd love to have you testing. To make this a viable product, I'll probably need to get it tested on as many machines as possible.

Thanks!

OP
J

jmlaser

Reaction score
Yes I think I will be picking up the bluesnap soon. It is highly configurable for different hardware/ software and power options

OP
J

jmlaser

Reaction score
Let me know when you guys are ready to start on this.... I would still like to move forward on it!

OP
J

jmlaser

Reaction score
Making any progress on this?
I wish,... Looks like we need Stuaxeman or Bithammer back in here to do the app. (I sent them both PMs)
But dont know they arent on alot due to post count,...

Or any other Dev that would want to take this on.... PLEASE Someone this would be a really nice way to communicate. So much less 1984 and more year 2010

I wish I had the time to learn to write apps....

Last edited:

instabin

Reaction score
I found an app in the market that claims to do this. Its called CNC Transmitter