My Tracks is giving me fits

Limbermind

Reaction score
Hi All...

I spent some time searching the forums for help on this, but came up empty. Please forgive me in advance if this has been discussed ad nauseum.

Recently grabbed My Tracks from the Market. Super cool app, works amazingly well.

I've been having some troubles however getting the KML/GPX/CSV files exported to my SD card.

Again, the actual act of creating, viewing, or otherwise manipulating a "track" works fine, but I can't get them onto my SD card.

Originally when I long pushed a previously recorded track, then selected "write to SD card" it simply said "cannot create folder" and the operation failed. I tried this numerous times, but the outcome was always the same.

I decided to get fancy and created three folders manually on the SD card via my pc. I created the folders as follows "KML, GPX, & CSV". I thought for sure this would solve the problem.

It did not.

Now when I try to write any of the above formats to my SD card it displays the error "cannot write file". So it seems to indicate an acknowledgment that the software is at least able to read the SD card, as it's no longer trying to create a folder. Now I'm dealing with a file write issue.

I just checked my SD card for recently added photos and they're there, so it seems it's not a systemic SD card write issue.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Moto-Droid.
non-root.
2.1 OTA
No persistent apps installed.

Bip44fr

Reaction score
I have the same issue with my HTC Desire. Was ok before My Tracks last update but not ok now :(. I can't either export nor upload to Google. My tracks are stored in my phone but can't locate them (not accessible to users ?)

brochaos

Reaction score
is it true that it no longer updates your stats to your google my maps?

Bip44fr

Reaction score
I still can upload or update my tracks to Google My Maps...

brochaos

Reaction score
grr. just went for a bike ride yesterday, and the stats no longer get uploaded to my maps. just the route info and total distance. sucks...