Move Apps to SD Card?

Padawan

Reaction score
I have an UNrooted Eris with the OTA 2.1 update installed (no custom ROM's are being used). I have a couple of apps installed that are no longer available on the Market and I want to keep them. Is there a way to move apps to the SD card WITHOUT having to root/hack my phone?

Thanks,
Padawan :)

LoneWolfArcher

Silver Member
Reaction score
I have an UNrooted Eris with the OTA 2.1 update installed (no custom ROM's are being used). I have a couple of apps installed that are no longer available on the Market and I want to keep them. Is there a way to move apps to the SD card WITHOUT having to root/hack my phone?

Thanks,

From the market install Astro File Manager.

Open Astro, pick Tools, Use App Back-up. Backs up all your apps to SDCard.

They remain installed in the phone memory, but at least you can back them up to SD.

No way to run them from SD without rooting.

OP
P

Padawan

Reaction score

Thanks,

They remain installed in the phone memory, but at least you can back them up to SD.

Hi LoneWolfArcher,

I did what you said and it worked, thank you! Unfortunately, because one of the apps I wanted to backup is marked as 'Private', Astro can't back it up to the SD card.

Any ideas?
Padawan

LoneWolfArcher

Silver Member
Reaction score

Thanks,

Hi LoneWolfArcher,

I did what you said and it worked, thank you! Unfortunately, because one of the apps I wanted to backup is marked as 'Private', Astro can't back it up to the SD card.

Any ideas?
Padawan

Which app?

rev.buttons

Reaction score
Hey y'all i have a rooted d1 but last night I rooted my wifes eris and installed ?kaos rom? Froyo updated rom. Anywho its easy for me to move apps on my phone to the sd but I can't figure out how to do it on her phone. She loves the apps but needs the space. I mean her phone memory is full but there's plenty of space on the sd card. Plewase help me to be the hero. ;) thanks
Rev.

Threeball

Reaction score
Hey y'all i have a rooted d1 but last night I rooted my wifes eris and installed ?kaos rom? Froyo updated rom. Anywho its easy for me to move apps on my phone to the sd but I can't figure out how to do it on her phone. She loves the apps but needs the space. I mean her phone memory is full but there's plenty of space on the sd card. Plewase help me to be the hero. ;) thanks
Rev.

There might be a quicker way but, go Menu>Settings>Applications>Manage Applications. Select each app, then select "Move to SD Card". Finally, go back to the Settings menu, select CyanogenMod Settings>Application Settings>Install location>External. Then, in the future, apps will automatically install to the SD Card.

You, and your wife, should be good to go.