Motorola pushing the Moto Z Android 8.0 Oreo update to some users

LoudRam

Silver Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Samsung Z Flip 3
Motorola-pushing-the-Moto-Z-Android-8.0-Oreo-update-to-some-users.jpg

Motorola had been testing Android 8.0 Oreo for Moto Z since last year, but after two soak tests, it looks like the final version is coming out. Well, not for everyone, but at least some Moto Z owners will get the highly-anticipated Oreo update that's been teased by Motorola for such a long time.

Motorola Moto Z starts getting Android 8.0 Oreo update

Sajo

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 7 Pro
Good to hear the update is starting to roll out in some countries. And just FYI...when I clicked that link my phone instantly started popping up the "You have been infected..." and "Your phone is infected..." style pop-ups. I had to kill my browser and reboot.

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk

OP
LoudRam

LoudRam

Silver Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Samsung Z Flip 3
And just FYI...when I clicked that link my phone instantly started popping up the "You have been infected..." and "Your phone is infected..." style pop-ups. I had to kill my browser and reboot.

It should take you to Phone Arena. I just clicked on it and I was fine. But I'm also using an ad blocking browser (Brave).

me just sayin

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Note 8
Good to hear the update is starting to roll out in some countries. And just FYI...when I clicked that link my phone instantly started popping up the "You have been infected..." and "Your phone is infected..." style pop-ups. I had to kill my browser and reboot.

what browser? are you using any type of popup blockers? anyway, no problems with the link here. I tried it in firefox on my note 8. also tried it in linux firefox and chrome on my computer. no problems there either.

Sajo

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 7 Pro
I use Chrome only. It's all good, once I realized the article was from Phone Arena. Any time I go to Phone Arena from Chrome mobile my phone goes nuts and starts the annoying pop-ups; so I avoid the Phone Arena site. It's all good.

Sajo

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 7 Pro
There are all kinds of rumors floating around about Oreo rollout for the Moto Z2 Play, Moto Z Play and Moto Z....in some countries. Nothing in the US yet that I have seen or heard of. But if any of these rumors are true then it means we will be receiving it soon. That's good enough for me, keep the updates rolling Moto!

OP
LoudRam

LoudRam

Silver Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Samsung Z Flip 3
Yep, keep 'em coming. My wife's S8 got Oreo last week. I haven't really checked it out yet.

Miller6386

Developer
Developer
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Note 8
Twitter
CoreyFMiller
Now forgive me for my ignorance but I thought Motorola phones were supposed to be on the list of fast tracked devices to get updates...?? I haven't researched this but how old is the Moto Z now?

OP
LoudRam

LoudRam

Silver Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Samsung Z Flip 3
Now forgive me for my ignorance but I thought Motorola phones were supposed to be on the list of fast tracked devices to get updates...?? I haven't researched this but how old is the Moto Z now?
It came out in 2016.

Sajo

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 7 Pro
The Z2 Force was one of the first non-Pixel phones to get Oreo. And the Z Force was one of the first non-Pixel phones to get Nougat last year, so they are doing a pretty good job with OS updates in my opinion. When I get Oreo it will be the 3rd OS update on my 2016 Z Force....not too shabby.

Miller6386

Developer
Developer
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Note 8
Twitter
CoreyFMiller
Oh ok thats pretty good then. I just don't keep up on devices like I used to.... I guess I'm being a Samsung sheep...... LOL

me just sayin

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Note 8
Oh ok thats pretty good then. I just don't keep up on devices like I used to.... I guess I'm being a Samsung sheep...... LOL

be honest, I never keep up with mobile devices until I joined this forum back in June. Learned a lot, learned there is even something called moto :)