Motorola Announces the Moto X Force by Dropping a Galaxy S6 and an iPhone 6

dgstorm

Editor in Chief
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
moto-x-force-drop-video.jpg

Despite its snarkiness, this has to be one of the funniest and coolest ways to announce a new smartphone. The folks at Motorola just launched the Moto X Force. For folks who missed it, this is the international version of the new Verizon Motorola Droid Turbo 2. It has the same features & hardware, and even includes the same shatterproof glass and casing found in the Droid Turbo 2. Of course, you probably see where this is going...

Moto cleverly decided to showcase a drop test contest between the Samsung Galaxy S6, the Apple iPhone 6, and the new Moto X Force. You can probably guess how it turned out, but the video is worth watching regardless. Brilliant marketing! (Now we see why the internal codename for this device was the "Moto Bounce"!)

Here's a recap/highlight of the primary internals for the new Moto X Force,
  • 5.4” AMOLED Quad HD
  • Snapdragon 810 processor
  • 3GB of RAM
  • 3,760-mAh battery
The only details we know about availability is that the Moto X Force is coming to Latin America, Europe, the Middle East, and Asia Pacific sometime in November. It's heart-wrenchingly cruel that it isn't coming to other US carriers besides Verizon, but we suspect Big Red paid a healthy bonus to Motorola for the Droid Turbo 2 exclusivity. We can't fault the Droid!!! :D

Don't forget to drop by our dedicated section for the new Moto X Force for further discussion: Motorola Bounce/Moto X Force | Android Forum at DroidForums.net

Mustang02

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nexus 6P/5X
I wonder how many devices they dropped before they figured out how to get them to not break?

johnomaz

Silver Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Google Pixel 2XL
I've seen phones travel quite a distance and not break and I've seen phones fall a foot or two and shatter. Backing it up with free replacements for a good amount of time would help me believe it.

OP
dgstorm

dgstorm

Editor in Chief
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
I've seen phones travel quite a distance and not break and I've seen phones fall a foot or two and shatter. Backing it up with free replacements for a good amount of time would help me believe it.
Motorola does. They include a 4 year replacement warranty with the Droid Turbo 2 and the Moto X Force.

hammerhead13

Gold Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Samsung Galaxy Note10+ 5G
Just a Reminder that the Exterior Protective Cover is not under that Warranty and is Customer Replaceable. Looks like a Screen Protector (Film Type). Wonder how much the replacement will cost for the Exterior Protective Cover.

MissionImprobable

Silver Member
Reaction score
The only issue seems to be how the extra layers compromise viewing angles and the overall visual experience. It's hard to deny that it would be nice to never worry about a drop, though. My Droid 2 was the last device I had that I had little fear of dropping, but even it couldn't have taken a headbutt from the concrete.

Mustang02

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nexus 6P/5X
I'm guessing: ONE.
I never cease to be amazed by people's skepticism. ;)
A few of us were talking about this last night. We figured around 50 or so in machines replicating dropping forces.

No skepticism at all. I've dropped an egg from the top of my schools roof without it breaking during shop class. Much like kevlar vests were tested over and over to figure out the correct layering.

PereDroid

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Moto Turbo 2
Oh, I thought you meant how many did they drop making the commercial.

Tap'n Turbo

Mustang02

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nexus 6P/5X
Oh no. I was talking about R&D.

Sajo

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 7 Pro
Very nice! Brilliant commercial! For a CEO Rick seems like a down to earth cool guy

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

jackiescivic

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Anyone else see the pieces of glass go flying when the S6 dropped? I actually cringed

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk