Message not received

Telescopist

Reaction score
An obnoxious icon - a triangle with an exclamation point continually pops up on the status bar whenever I receive a text msg. To be clear, I am receiving and responding to text msgs. No problem there. The prompt is to "Touch to review the message and try again". If I press down on the icon an "App info" window pops up. If I tap on the App info notice a new window pops up containing the green smilely Text Messaging icon and a "Force Stop" prompt. If I tap "Force Stop", I get a draconian warning that the app may misbehave if I force stop. No matter. I click 'OK' and the icon disappears off of the status bar. Only to reappear when I get another text msg. This behavior began soon after my 'upgrade' to JB. Is there a fix for this issue. I am rooted. Thanks.

FedMan

Reaction score
An obnoxious icon - a triangle with an exclamation point continually pops up on the status bar whenever I receive a text msg. To be clear, I am receiving and responding to text msgs. No problem there. The prompt is to "Touch to review the message and try again". If I press down on the icon an "App info" window pops up. If I tap on the App info notice a new window pops up containing the green smilely Text Messaging icon and a "Force Stop" prompt. If I tap "Force Stop", I get a draconian warning that the app may misbehave if I force stop. No matter. I click 'OK' and the icon disappears off of the status bar. Only to reappear when I get another text msg. This behavior began soon after my 'upgrade' to JB. Is there a fix for this issue. I am rooted. Thanks.

Did you ever get an answer to this? I always get the same message. But when I click on the body of the message it brings up the screen to send a message and it is totally blank. Would love to know how to eliminate. It is annoying, but I do not seem to miss any messages.

Thanks!

OP
Telescopist

Telescopist

Reaction score
Did you ever get an answer to this? I always get the same message. But when I click on the body of the message it brings up the screen to send a message and it is totally blank. Would love to know how to eliminate. It is annoying, but I do not seem to miss any messages.

Thanks!

I never did get an answer. Meanwhile... About a week ago my Maxx cratered. I went ahead an purchased a Samsong Galaxy Note 3. Night is to day is all I can say..