Looking for comparison shots stock camera app vs. camera zoom fx

purplehorseshoe

Reaction score
Hey all,
Loving my razr. One of the reasons I bought it was photos on the go without having to lug around a dedicated camera. I see a lot of people that like camera zoom fx. I've been searching online for the past few days and couldn't find comparison photos between the stock/default camera app and camera zoom fx. Seems odd not to be able to find anything, maybe my google-fu is just too weak. I know it's just $2.99 but yeah I'm cheap.

Thanks!

jackiescivic

Diamond Member
Reaction score
I used the app for a small time and did not see any difference other than effects available for an image.

Sydman

Premium Member
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nexus 6P
View attachment 50529View attachment 50530

Camera Zoom on the left and Stock on the right. I have to re-download Camera Zoom because I never found it to be better or worse from the stock. I can take some more if you like.

Sydman

Premium Member
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nexus 6P
Man I just looked that the Camera Zoom picture full size and that looks terrible. I have IS on, let me try another.

Sydman

Premium Member
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nexus 6P
Last edited:

Sydman

Premium Member
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nexus 6P
View attachment 50533View attachment 50534

Again Camera Zoom on the left and Stock on the right, Camera Zoom decided it needed flash for the picture so I let it do that. And both of these cameras are stock settings I am not one to tinker with what I don't need to.

OP
P

purplehorseshoe

Reaction score
Thanks a lot for going to the trouble, sydman. photo of the fan I like the stock app better, compared to the updated photo. But the photo czf wanted a flash and the stock app did not, the czf photo looks better.

MysticalDreams

Reaction score
IL for now... waiting for the day we can move back
Current Phone Model
Note 8!!
not that the OP asked but I have been researching camera apps lately and didn't want to spend money til I saw pictures too. Its only a few dollars here and there but when you add them up when you are just comparing it can get costly. I saw one app only gave you 10 mins to return it (wasn't a camera app but the point is these time lines do exist)

Anyway... I found 'HDR camera', it's free and my test pics so far have looked incredible compared to stock. I will have more time to really test it over the weekend.

If you do find any other comparison photos I hope you post them or other members post some that they have :)

bsweetness

Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 2 XL
Also check out Camera ICS. I've been able to consistently get sharper, less blurry shots from it compared to the stock app and CameraFX.

OP
P

purplehorseshoe

Reaction score
I'm a meathead when it comes to photography. I was hoping a photography geek would have a detailed write up telling me this is what you should get :p. Since that wasn't available I decided for the price of a cup of coffee I could roll the dice on CZF. Not a good day for sunrise pics of the golden gate bridge, thick cloud cover. Which one is "better"

View attachment 50629

View attachment 50630

this one was taken with CZF but I can't find the one taken with the default camera :confused:
View attachment 50631

but here's the same shot with an older p&s
View attachment 50635

Last edited:

mmcompute

Reaction score
For me, CamerZoomFX gives me the "Instagram" effect I like without having to sign up for another social network.:icon_ lala: