Liberty gb roms

Madgoat999

Reaction score
I think this is the problem with a lot of people, but does anyone got the "application not installed" message when trying to install the roms like gmail black or twitter black for example? These are the one from the liberty tool box. Any help is appreciated. Thanks, Ryan
Sent from my Gliberated DROID2

ldopa

Silver Member
Reaction score
Yes, i've given up trying. I can get facebook black linear though if I freeze stock fb.

From my Liberated DROID2 at 1.25ghz

147Keys

Reaction score
Yup, tried to install Gmail ms black and got same error. Even tried force quitting Gmail first to no avail.

Sent from my DROID2 using DroidForums

TheSwaggeR

Reaction score
You need to uninstall the previous app and THEN install the themed app from the Toolbox or wherever you're getting them from.

ldopa

Silver Member
Reaction score
Tried that a bunch of times. Can't get it to work

From my Liberated DROID2 at 1.25ghz

TheSwaggeR

Reaction score
Enter this in your Terminal Emulator...

su
busybox mount -o rw,remount /system
rm /system/app/Facebook.apk
pm uninstall com.facebook.katana

You made need to bring up Root Explorer and go into /system/app and see what the exact file name Facebook is. For me it is blur_Facebook.apk instead of Facebook.apk.

If it is different from Facebook.apk then change that name. Here's my changed example.

BEFORE:

rm /system/app/Facebook.apk

AFTER:

rm /system/app/blur_Facebook.apk

Leave the rest of the command lines the same except the Facebook file name if it is different. This will uninstall it. Then you can go ahead with the installation of your inverted app, themed app, or whatever.

147Keys

Reaction score
Thanks, TheSwaggeR. Haven't done much in Terminal yet, but I might give that a shot at some point. Need to weigh having cool-looking Gmail against the risk of screwing it up completely.

TheSwaggeR

Reaction score
No problem.

If its not going to properly work, which most of us should know by now on a completely new ROM, then there is no point in having to go through that trouble and get FC's all the time.

There are 2 things you can do. One is.... wait for a theme to come out. Since Liberty GB is finally stable there will be themers beginning to work on a theme for it. Two... you can learn to theme too. Anybody can. Gmail isn't a hard one to do.