LG Ally Themes Issue?

immaROBOTT

Reaction score
Hi. I usually have my LG Ally set in the LG Home theme instead of the Android theme. Today, it like freaked out I'm not really sure, and switched to the Android theme. When I switched it back to the LG home theme, everything changed EXCEPT the phone screen. When I click on the phone screen, it shows the black, ugly, Android phone screen...........

Also, on my lock screen, it shows messages that aren't even there. Like it'll say I have 4 unread messages when I don't.

Should I bring it to the Verizon store or is there a fix?

Ryelic

Reaction score
Also, on my lock screen, it shows messages that aren't even there. Like it'll say I have 4 unread messages when I don't.

Should I bring it to the Verizon store or is there a fix?

I had the same issue after 2.2 update and what I did was went into the stock messaging app and opened all my conversations again and sure enough the messages came off my unlock screen...I know it will be aggrevating for me because I don't use the stock messaging, hope this helps

Sent from my Ally using DroidForums App

izzysmom

Reaction score
Same issues here -- contacts & keypad now have black backgound. I've always used the LG theme...so I didnt realize that the keypad is from the Android theme...I just assumed it was part of the update.
The message notification on the lock screen is annoying because it's locked into the android messaging app which I dont use (I'm a handcent girl). I see there is a setting in the stock msg program called "Auto Retrieve" -- I'm wondering what will happen if I uncheck that box...
Not sure if handcent works in conjunction with that setting. Dont want to uncheck it and find that I've turned SMS off completely.
Does anyone know?

Ryelic

Reaction score
Turning Auto retrieve off won't work you will still get the same notification on the unlock screen

Sent from my Ally using DroidForums App