Kill Car mount or phone case?

SgtAl

Reaction score
I originally had the Dinc and the car mount/holster for that. When I got the DX I bought the Body Glove case to go with it. Since I had the windshield mount for the Dinc I just dremeled a slot in the back of the belt clip so it would fit the peg on the Dinc windshield mount. It took about 5 min. and all I have to use for a charger is a Duracell universal lighter charger. I never have to take the phone out of the case and since I have 2 belt clips I just leave the notched on on the mount. Theres no way that the stock mount is easier to use than the hack that the forums led me to come up with. If you want photos let me know and I'll post them.

dsteinschneider

Reaction score
I had an Arkon holder laying around - just like the one in the photos earlier in this thread. I got my hacksaw and dremel out and cut down the part that you are supposed to put into your vent so that it was flat and then screwed that onto my proclip mount. Working very well, not even sure I'll buy the Proclip Droid X mount once they release it. On second thought, I probably will.

wdprice3

Reaction score
I also purchased the verizon/moto case + holster and car mount... they are not compatible at all (even with taking the insert out). I did cut out the plastic tab (as I read others did that with success) but it still doesn't fit... guess I'll try some sand paper sometime...

anyone else that has done this, can you tell me where/how much to sand/remove (again I have removed the extruded plastic piece behind the removable part)

Juicemane

Bang Bang
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
Website
twitter.com
I also purchased the verizon/moto case + holster and car mount... they are not compatible at all (even with taking the insert out). I did cut out the plastic tab (as I read others did that with success) but it still doesn't fit... guess I'll try some sand paper sometime...

anyone else that has done this, can you tell me where/how much to sand/remove (again I have removed the extruded plastic piece behind the removable part)

I have the stock Moto Car Dock with a Rocketfish case, I took a razer and cut off the black tab on the right side of the dock, took some sp and smoothed it out flush. Phone fits fine now...