Is there a way to clean up SD Card?

Reaction score
Before I get responses like "just format it", I don't mean erase ALL the contents in the SD Card. I mean erase USELESS contents on the SD Card.

For example if I download the Boat Browser app and then delete it and check my SD Card at a later time, there's still a folder called Boat_Browser_Free. However I can distinguish it because of it's name and therefore, I know deleting it won't cause any harm to my phone overall. However there are other folders with weird names and so, deleting those make me more cautious.

Basically, I'm planning to delete all of my useless apps in order to re-organize [if you can say that] my phone. However once I delete certain apps, I need to know there won't be trace of it in my SD Card and that I won't have a large number of folders from old apps I already deleted. So is there an app or a program that can do this? Or do am I going to have to invent it haha??

brad92

Silver Member
Reaction score
I usually just check the dates on the folders I'm not sure about. If they haven't been used in awhile, or there's nothing in them, I delete em. Really, you only have to worry about deleting android_secure, but most file managers won't delete that anyway

Vepaot

Silver Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
LG G5 (LS992)
Also if you're unsure about a folder, just look it up on Google. I've done that a few times when cleaning up the internal memory of my phone because there seems to be a lot of folders created by crap I don't use.