ip cam

706woodman

Reaction score
not sure where to post this so if this is the wrg place sorry.i wanted to set up a ip cam for remote view but read its not possible on 4g lte network due to not having a public or static ip adress,and im not willing to pay 500$ for one.what are the options for doing this if any skype maybe? the cam is just a droid runnig on my wifi 5510l jetpack. thanks

leeshor

Gold Member
Reaction score
Belkin has a "Netcam" that sets up on Wifi at a location and you can view multiple IP cams using their Android app. I view a few and it works great. No fixed IP required.

OP
706woodman

706woodman

Reaction score
What type of set up do you have that you view the cams on? You have verizon?

leeshor

Gold Member
Reaction score
Your carrier doesn't matter. You set up an account with Belkin, configure the Netcam on your WiFi network and it is connected to Belkin's server so you see the cameras through their gateway. It will work on ANY Internet connected Android device, tablets included, using any carrier though there may be issues outside the US and I think your Android version needs to be >2.2

I log into the app on my tablet or phone, (I have it set to auto login) and pick the camera I want to see. You can adjust framerate and even listen to sound on the other end. You can even set triggers based on movement and record events, if you have the app open, to your local storage.

Last edited:
OP
706woodman

706woodman

Reaction score
Cool now to figure out which camera to get do you know the model of your camera? Or does it matter as long as its a belkin camera with wifi.