Howdy Ya'll

kickyindahead

Reaction score
The name is Kick.. well not my real name but ya know. 30 years old and Im new to the whole android community and im sporting a rooted d2g stock rom. I know nothing about how to fiddle with this thing. I thought I was pretty computer savvy until i got my hands on this thing and started messing with it. I rooted only to get the wifi tether cuz im cheap and didnt want to pay vzw a dillion dollars for their service. Also new to vzw comin from alltel because of their whole merger with at&t and didnt want to pay their rediculous plans if i ever decided to upgrade my phone from my bb tour. Eventually I would like to learn about rom flashing and all that good stuff.. been reading over the forums pretty much from the day i bought my droid but still dont quite understand all this technology kind of stuff .. im more of a hands on kind of person than a read and follow directions kind of guy. but any help i can get is most appreciated ... be prepared though for noobish kind of questions in the future... :)

webb34

Reaction score
Welcome to the forums and the world of Droid. The people here are super friendly and helpful, do don't worry about asking "noobish" questions, we are always glad to help.(it makes us feel super smart) The whole rom thing sounds complex and is pretty boring to read through but when you do it once it gets easier. Enjoy the forums and good luck with the phone :)

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums App

OP
kickyindahead

kickyindahead

Reaction score
Thank you guys for the warm welcome. Im sure by the time im finished learning how to use my android im going to be needing a new phone .. but thats just me. Ive gotten rid of a lot of bloatware but after reading through forum after forum i realized i did it the wrong way and apparently i cant receive any more OTA updates .. also ive kind of ran into a lil bit of a snag .. sometimes my market doesnt install the apps that ive downloaded. any ideas?

dlwhtrose

Super Moderator
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
God forsaken desert, wishing to be back in Dixie
The market will install automatically those apps you have paid for. The free apps do not necessarily reinstall automatically. If I were you I would download a backup program (either Titanium or MyBackup Pro) to back up your apps and data. That way anytime you change or update your ROM all you will have to do is install the backup of the apps you made.