How do i ... ? (new2android)

DanielPohlke

Reaction score
Hi,
i am just starting with my new Motorola Razor HD with Android 4.04 (The phone listens to the name XT925).
In this thread i want to sum all questions (very stupid in the beginning but getting deeper later....).
I own a Sony-Ericsson Xperia X8 which runs a old android version.
And i used the older Sony-Ericcson C902 for my daily tasks (phone and alarms).

Only 2 days ago i got the Motorola Razr HD and started using it (to replace that old X8 and C902)

I have seen this phone is really nice...
But as a new user i got some questions appearing while trying to set up things like they were.

I hope some experienced user can tell me details about how to resolve things.

Let me start with some things i was used to
- a) i want to customize the alarm to use a wav file (or mp3)

- b) i want to assign different ring tones to contacts (when i select the contact i want to assign a wav (or mp3) to use when this contact calls

- c) the camera settings are very limited
-- c1) camera settings Widescreen 8MO images or 6MP images to match the screen (what about other resolutions?)
-- c2) Volume key function
-- c3) Geo-tag (this is really nice when sharing pictures - new to the C902)
-- c4) Storage location (ok we are used to this)
-- c5) Scenes are Auto, Portrait, Landscape, Night Protrait, and Sunset - no more?
-- c6) setting flash to off is not stored (and no option to set default settings for the camera?) - every time i start the camera the flash is on auto!
-- c7) setting the mode of the camera is not stored - it defaults to single shot every time i go to the camera
-- c8) is there a way to define default settings for the camera on android 4.04?
-- c9) the shutter sound of the camera is always on? and always very loud... i tried the silent profile but no change to the shutter sound. How do I get a silent camera?

- d) i wanted to listen my favourite radio station - just browsing to hr1 | hr-online.de and starting the live-stream. It did not work!
-- d1) why is the livestream not playing (hr1 Streaming Radio Player)
-- d2) do i have to install the app (http://spodtronic.podspot.de/files/hr1_signed.apk)?

- e) where is a detailed description of the smart actions?

chrissyml76

Reaction score
go to settings. then cll settings and you can set the ring tone. i found the ring tones very limited. I downloaded an app called zedge whihc is free and has 100's of different ring tones.

OP
D

DanielPohlke

Reaction score
Hi,
I found the place where to put the custom Alarms,Notifications and Ringtones!
that is my answer to a)
connect the phone -> use windows Explorer -> go to the SD-Card and set up these directories
My Computer\XT925\SD card\media\audio
in the audio folder create new folder Alarms,Notifications and Ringtones - put some wav or mp3 or mp4a files to the right folder and restart the phone.
Then you can select from the custom files!

One point solved... dancedroid