Hot Deal: Samsung Galaxy SIII for $9.99 - Groupon

Dalvik_Cache

Super Moderator
Premium Member
Reaction score
Hey everyone,

I just found a pretty sweet deal if you are looking for the Samsung Galaxy S3. There is a Groupon through Wirefly to get the Galaxy S3 for $9.99 w/ a two year agreement. Per the specs on Groupon the coupon does not expired.

You can check out the details here: Samsung Galaxy S III - 4G LTE for Verizon Wireless ($99.99 List Price). Free FedEx Shipping Both Ways.

Here's the deal:
$9.99 for a Samsung Galaxy S III 4G LTE smartphone for Verizon Wireless from Wirefly ($99.99 list price)

Available in black, blue, or white
2-year Verizon Wireless activation required
14-day return policy

• Android 4.0 Ice Cream Sandwich mobile platform
  • 4.8" SuperAMOLED curved touchscreen display
  • 1.5 Ghz dual-core processor
  • 8MP rear camera with LED flash and burst shot
  • 1.9MP front-facing camera for giving yourself pep talks
  • Panoramic pictures and HD video
  • Share Shot instant photo sharing
  • Smart Stay eye-tracking technology
  • Motion-gesture controls
  • S Voice personal assistant
  • Integrated Google+ with group video chat
  • 14-day return policy

It's seems like a pretty great deal if you happen to be wanting an SIII. Have a good day!

Last edited:

wicked

Administrator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 3 XL
Twitter
@MikeAlvez
sweet deal

k1ngr4t

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Z Force
Damn, that IS a sweet deal! Shame I already have, and love, my own...

kevsgroove

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 2 XL
Now, when they have the Groupon that offers the S3 for $150 off full retail, I'll consider it. I'm not at upgrade point yet, and plan on keeping unlimited data anyway.

This is probably a separate topic but, why is it when vendors offer discounts on devices, they don't give the same discount on the full retail price. That would keep more consumers onboard IMHO, with their current contract. Hell, the money is made up front on the sale of the device, and we're still paying the same amount monthly as if we bought it at the subsidized price.

Last edited:
OP
Dalvik_Cache

Dalvik_Cache

Super Moderator
Premium Member
Reaction score
To answer your question: in this case the promo is from Wirefly, an authorize agent. They get a commission on every contract. That's why they can/do such a discount on the phone with a 2 year agreement. Alternatively, that's why they don't discount full retail w/ no contract.

Sent from my HTC6435LVW using Tapatalk 2

kevsgroove

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 2 XL
To answer your question: in this case the promo is from Wirefly, an authorize agent. They get a commission on every contract. That's why they can/do such a discount on the phone with a 2 year agreement. Alternatively, that's why they don't discount full retail w/ no contract.

Sent from my HTC6435LVW using Tapatalk 2

(in my best Maxwell Smart voice) Ohhh, it's the old commission for contract vs commission for device trick, eh. :happy3:

k1ngr4t

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Z Force
Now, when they have the Groupon that offers the S3 for $150 off full retail, I'll consider it. I'm not at upgrade point yet, and plan on keeping unlimited data anyway.

Has this deal happened before???

k1ngr4t

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Z Force
Not to mention there were a bunch of people who got their Bionic for 10 cents with a similar deal. And yes, it was before the data issue became so widely publicized...