Help with Populating List with ListAdapter

r2sjoblom

Reaction score
I am having a bit of a problem with populating a list from a RingtoneManager to a new ListActivity. The list populates with the correct number of items in the directory but doesn't show the titles or any text. Using the Log.d(); I can see the items are being pulled properly but not displaying. Any guidance would be appreciated.

mRingtoneManager2 = new RingtoneManager(this); //adds ringtonemanager
mRingtoneManager2.setType(RingtoneManager.TYPE_RINGTONE); //sets the type to ringtones
mRingtoneManager2.setIncludeDrm(true); //get list of ringtones to include DRM
mCursor2 = mRingtoneManager2.getCursor(); //appends my cursor to the ringtonemanager
startManagingCursor​
mCursor2); //starts the cursor query
//prints output for diagnostics
String test =​
mCursor2.getString(mCursor2.getColumnIndexOrThrow(RingtoneManager.EXTRA_RINGTONE_TITLE));
Log.d(
null, test, null);
String[] from = {RingtoneManager.
EXTRA_RINGTONE_TITLE}; // get the list items for the listadapter
int[] to = newint[] {R.id.item1}; //sets the items from above string to listview
//new listadapter, created to use android checked template
SimpleCursorAdapter listadapter =​
new SimpleCursorAdapter(this, android.R.layout.simple_list_item_checked, mCursor2, from, to );
setListAdapter(listadapter);

OP
r2sjoblom

r2sjoblom

Reaction score
Got it! Im posting what I needed to help anyone else.

mRingtoneManager2 = new RingtoneManager(this); //adds ringtonemanager
mRingtoneManager2.setType(RingtoneManager.TYPE_RINGTONE); //sets the type to ringtones
mRingtoneManager2.setIncludeDrm(true); //get list of ringtones to include DRM
mCursor2 = mRingtoneManager2.getCursor(); //appends my cursor to the ringtonemanager
startManagingCursor(​
mCursor2); //starts the cursor query
//prints output for diagnostics
String test =​
mCursor2.getString(mCursor2.getColumnIndexOrThrow(RingtoneManager.EXTRA_RINGTONE_TITLE));Log.d(null, test, null);String[] from = {mCursor2.getColumnName(RingtoneManager.TITLE_COLUMN_INDEX), mCursor2.getColumnName(RingtoneManager.URI_COLUMN_INDEX)}; // get the list items for the listadapter could be TITLE or URI
int[] to = {android.R.id.text1, android.R.id.text2}; //sets the items from above string to listview
//new listadapter, created to use android checked template
SimpleCursorAdapter listadapter =​
new SimpleCursorAdapter(this, android.R.layout.simple_list_item_2, mCursor2, from, to );setListAdapter(listadapter);//prints output for diagnostics
String test2 = listadapter.toString();Log.d(​
null, test2, null);//adds listview so I can get data from it
ListView lv = getListView();