Help setting up new Razr

sethm1

Reaction score
My original Droid has been really sluggish & I really want the Nexus, but could not wait. Picked up a Razr yesterday (though do intend to swap it out if the Nexus does come out within 90 days).

Well 3 issues for me came up:
1) With the my Droid micro SD inserted, the Razr does not see it. I tried Astro & File Explorer. I then took the card out and inserted it into my desktop.
So appears the card is formatted as 2 partitions. The Razr is drive N and what appears to be from the Droid is Drive M.

How do I get the Razr to see all of the card?
( I did back up the Droid's micro SD card to back up folder on my Desktop- so if I have to wipe out everything on the Droid's SD, not a issue for me).

2) I was using APPKick & MyBackup Pro with the Droid. Seems the AppKick no longer on the MarketPlace and when I direct MyBackup Pro to the SD card - as per above, no luck there. When I direct it to my on line back ups and after entering in the original PIN - still nothing.

Luckily I was also using AppBrain - so able to get many apps onto my Razr.

3) I kind of like App Buddy- after setting that up- with my folders of choice. When I tap on the Razr's Home button, it takes me to the AppBuddy Home page NOT the Razr's. Though I have figured out that by long pressing the Razr's Home button, then last used apps pop and thats where I choose the Razr's Home screen- but its getting old.

4) In the upper rt corner of the Razr is what I am guessing the eyes of "the Droid" icon. When I long press I see todays date. But the default action seems to be "Manage Apps" I am done with managing my Apps (or am I and thats why its not going away). How do get rid of the eyes and either have nothing or insert the date?

Any suggestions to the above?
Thx so much in advance.

Last edited: