Help Please!! Cannot connect via USB

SStone63

Reaction score
Up until just last week, my Droid 3 would connect just fine to my computer via a USB cable. Now, the computer nor the Droid recognize the connection... although, the phone will charge when connected to the computer. HELP, PLEASE!! I have tried to contact Verizon about the matter, with no results...

anava73

Reaction score
My son and I are having the same problems. I updated the drivers and still will not recognize???

Sent from my DROID3 using DroidForums

volvodude101

Reaction score
Probably not the same as what I have, but my droid 1 would not work with any computer unless it was plugged into a USB 1.1 port. I suppose its wirth a try

REMilk

Reaction score
I suggest 2 things.

1st; Make sure you are using the correct USB data-charging cable. Some third-party cables are not compatible. Cables from other phones, such as from the LG ENV3 do not work.

2nd; Make sure your USB connection is not set to "charge-only". To check the setting perform the following:

a. Plug your USB Cable into your computer, then to the Droid 3.
b. On the Droid 3, pull down the Notification/Status area, and select the 'USB Connection'
c. From the pop-up select the connection you need (USB Mass Storage most likely).
d. Press 'OK'

Good luck,
Bob

pprincess

Reaction score
This is the Droid X 2

Have done evrything here that you suggest, but I sometimes get a Memory Dump..
It really is strange as I have even updated Moto helper etc.

The Verizon Media Center works ok but, I went into the Drive letter for the connection and then 9 times out 10
I get the Memory Dump.. Or BSD

Any suggestions appricated.

Thanks, pprincess