Had an idea (that will never happen)

cobravnm13

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Samsung Galaxy Note 9
I had an idea a few minutes ago that I think would work but will never happen. What if Moto, seeing as everything points to no official ICS, made a base SBF or update.zip that had the radio, kernel, bootloader, etc. that comes with ICS? It wouldn't be a full update or full ROM, but instead give us the capabilities that we lack or are having trouble using because of all of the codecs and proper software that we lack on custom ICS ROMs. It would be released for developers, of course, but I still think it could be done, and believe should, but I know it's just a dream. What does everyone else think about this?

Sent from my 3rd reincarnation of the ever-so-lovable Droid

OP
cobravnm13

cobravnm13

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Samsung Galaxy Note 9
If they did this, the concept would work on all phones.

doogald

Reaction score
What if Moto, seeing as everything points to no official ICS

Nothing points to official ICS or no official ICS. They simply haven't said anything other than that the D3 (like the Razr, Razr Maxx, D4 and Bionic) are in the evaluation and planning stage.

That said, I love your idea. It will never happen (unless, of course, you want to buy the development Razr that they promised that will have an unlockable bootloader, no subsidy, and no warranty.)

OP
cobravnm13

cobravnm13

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Samsung Galaxy Note 9
Nothing points to official ICS or no official ICS. They simply haven't said anything other than that the D3 (like the Razr, Razr Maxx, D4 and Bionic) are in the evaluation and planning stage.

That said, I love your idea. It will never happen (unless, of course, you want to buy the development Razr that they promised that will have an unlockable bootloader, no subsidy, and no warranty.)

Yeah, that's just how I see it. With how they've treated the D3 so far, I wouldn't put it past them to completely stop support after the next bug fixer, whenever that will happen. If ever. And I wish they would keep their word on unlocking the bootloader on most of their current phones, the D3 included. If HTC can do it then so can Moto. I shouldn't have to buy another phone, imported at that, just to go along with what they think is "pleasing their customers." Either way, I don't want to turn this into a debate about that, just had a cool idea that I thought worth sharing. Even if it is a moot point. :p