Game Gripper - My personal written review/experience

movadoevo8

Reaction score
Hey guys just wanted to let you know I received my GG pad today and just finished playing with it for about 2 hrs and I just wanted to share with you my 2cents and personal experience.

I've tested it on SNES emulator with the following games:

Metroid 3:
This is amazing because I can play this game almost as good as on the REAL SNES controller. My gaming experience went up at least 85% more fun and easier to control. I can even hold the UP and FORWARD arrows on the GG pad to make Sam aim up/foward or any other direction that I need to like down/forward etc...

Super Mario World:
The experience on this game was just about the same as Metroid 3, but even easier to play because I don't need to AIM up/forward down/forward etc to kill monsters. When playing this game it's as close as it gets. To me the gaming experience went up at least 95% from what it was before. The controls are almost perfect and the fun factor just went sky high.

Mortal Kombat 2:
I'm sure a lot of you want to know how the GG game pad does with fighting games such as Street Fighter II, MK, Killer Instinct and so on....
With MK2 I was literally able to play the game exactly how it's meant to be played. I can now use HP, LP, HK, LK and BLOCK buttons exactly as on the SNES real controller. Before I could play, but I could not press every button as quick or as easy as i can now. I can even do the motions now like for example when using Sub-Zero i can actually do the ICE FREEZE move anytime i want. Before I could not do the motion on the droid keyboard and even if trying to use the D-Pad 4 out of 5 times I could not pull it off. To me fighting games went up at least a good 75% from when trying to use the droid keyboard and D-Pad.

Killer Instinct:
I decided to try another fighting game, because fighting games require the most out of a controller to operate correctly since you need to press multiple buttons at the same time including directional pad motions in order to pull out special moves. Again the results were the same as MK2. Now I don't mind actually playing these games, because it is now possible to pull off the special moves and before with the droid stock keyboard i almost could never.

Final conclusion:
For anyone who is a real gamer like myself i highly recommend you get the GG game pad controller for these reasons:

1. Will increase your gaming experience by an average of 75-95%.
2. Not very expensive it costs $14.99 + shipping (Cost me a total of 20$) to ship in the US. $14.99 not a bad price to pay to increase your Mobile gaming 75%-95%.
3. You will never need to change batteries, because it is a snap on strong rubbery type of material that just presses down your droid keyboard keys.
4. The creator allows you to get a GG pad in grey or black and basically almost any color for your buttons, allowing you to customize it how ever you want. (I got mine like the classic NES controller being gray with red buttons) :)
5. Very easy to carry with you on the go, it is small and will not break. You can easily throw it inside your back pack and boom your done hey in fact it even fits in your pocket.

Here is the LINK where you can pick one up if you are interested: Home (game-gripper)

There are a bunch of Videos you can Google online if you would like to see it in action.

-Mo

Last edited:

madmacabre

Reaction score
very good to know, thanks for the review man. I still would love it if all the buttons were different colors or had symbols on them

OP
movadoevo8

movadoevo8

Reaction score
very good to know, thanks for the review man. I still would love it if all the buttons were different colors or had symbols on them

I would send the Dev an e-mail or start a thread to see how many people would like those options. I'm sure that would not be a big problem for the Dev to develop.

Also i read a thread of someone stating that the Controller does not grip good and snaps off and fits better on a Droid with a Seidio case. Well mine fits perfect and does not snap off unless i want it too. As for the Seidio case I do not see it fitting properly unless you force it and that will stretch the controller not making it possible to grip on the stock shell.

I used to have a Seidio case hard case, but now I just use a Seidio belt leather case and the Droid without a hard case and i'm happy. Now the phone is a bit thinner, feels better when i hold it and I can snap on the controller anytime i want without having to worry about removing the hard case. Depends on what works for you, some people won't mind removing and re-installing the hard case once they are done playing.

I'm sure the Dev will develop a bigger size controller to fit hard cases. If they sales go successfully then he would be silly not too... and so far it looks like to me that a lot of people are interested and have purchased one.

Diordna

Reaction score
I bought mine earlier today, thanks it was a reassuring review. I don't think I've heard any bad complaints about it so thank god for that lol

Tanknspank

Beta Team
Premium Member
Reaction score
I'm about to buy me one. It seems like it would be pretty fun for at least a little while. :)

OP
movadoevo8

movadoevo8

Reaction score
Guys you will not regret it. I'm going on vacation on may 9th until may 19th and I'm all excited, because now I have this new toy to play with while flying hehehe.... :)

R

Romple

I was thinking of getting one just cause i kept screwing up Sabin's Blitzes in FF6. >:-/