Forbidden Fruit

Cattledog1969

Reaction score
I bought a CD and ripped/saved it to an Apple computer. I plugged my Bionic USB into the computer and it showed up on the screen acknowledging my Bionic and SD card. I dragged and dropped the CD into my phone. It loaded the album onto my SD card. After disconnecting the Bionic I looked for my new CD on the phone. I immediately noticed some problems.

The file transfer trashed all my music.

What should I do, anyone have this happen before? ?

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using DroidForums

b00mb00mchuck

Reaction score
my neighbor told me a similar story... seems the apple computer tries to turn all your music files into iTune files... he said the music files were all moved to subfolders and were hidden from the android music player... try using your file manager to search for a file and it will be buried in several subfolders... he said it took forever to clean up his collection by deleting all the subfolders and moving each MP3 file back to the original folder on the SD card.... i remember him talking about it for three days... i learned to always keep a backup of my SD card on my laptop... then you can just reformat the card and reload everything when there's a problem... do you have backups of your music somewhere??? might be easiest to just wipe the card and reload

OP
Cattledog1969

Cattledog1969

Reaction score
That makes sense about the iTunes because the albums that I downloaded from iTunes were okay. I tried to format the card and start fresh and re-sync all my music. I did a test sync on a few albums and they didn't work. I rebooted the phone a few times. I unmounted the card and formated it again. And repeated the test sync, still no success.

I removed the card, (let it be known that it's a Sandisk 64GB class 6 micro sdxc card) so I can't complain to the manufacturers about any of this because they never said that card would be supported anyhow. I then put the card into a USB adapter and then into the PC. I opened up computer and saw the (E Drive) without its proper name "Bionic 64". I then was able to format the card in the PC in exFAT. Once the card was formatted, I renamed the card, then I removed and reinstalled the card into the Bionic. I formatted the card in phone again because it didn't show up in my storage settings.

And then it was like the sun beaming through a rain cloud after a storm,
59.46 GB Available Memory!!!

I've since re-synced all my music and the new CDs I just bought at the mall , all seem to be working okay.

Lesson learned, I will never touch one of those rotten apple computers ever again. Hopefully there is no damage to my phone or card. I've synced over 20 GB of music to my Bionic and all the photo and video storage capabilities of the card seems to be working good too.

b00mb00mchuck

Reaction score
I use that same memory card and don't have any problems... good news that you got it straight and learned a lesson in the process... whew

BroidDrionic

Reaction score
If you have an ipod, you can browse through the music folders and see that it renames the files and folders into some weird code. I guess this is what was happening to you! Anyway just use Google music and the android market to buy your CDs! Much easier and more convenient than CD ripping.