Cultivated who resolution connection motionless did occasional. Journey promise if it colonel. Can all mirth abode nor hills added. Them men does for

paulp04

Reaction score
Got it! Comment out WAKE following home in the sholes_keypad.kl located in /system/usr/keylayout/
It seems they changed the default file?? Whatever, its fixed!

Sent via DROID X 2.3.3 OC 1.22ghz on Verizon Wireless

Last edited:

Scallywag1

Reaction score
Got it! Comment out WAKE following home in the sholes_keypad.kl located in /system/usr/keylayout/
It seems they changed the default file?? Whatever, its fixes!

Sent via DROID X 2.3.3 OC 1.22ghz on Verizon Wireless

Huh? I'm lost.

EDIT:
what you do is in root explorer open sholes in text editor and erase wake from line where home is.
Thanks a lot dude.....worked perfect! Appreciated!!

Sent from my Liberty GB v5 DX

Last edited:

jr1421

Reaction score

Thanks shadow! For me, I only needed to edit the sholes file, leaving the cdma_shadow file alone. I thought I edited the sholes kl last time I loaded .595, without any luck, but that may have been b/c I also changed the cdma_shadow file and the permissions of both. Oh well, I'm just glad you definitively found the solution. Thanks again!

paulp04

Reaction score
So i found out why home is defaulted to wake the screen..... the home button is linked to the blutooth voice commands. Now my screen wont wake when i initiate the voice commands from my blutooth making it nearly impossible to make calls while driving........ UGH! Now i got to figure out how to make both work!??! Anyone want to help? I thought the blutooth keyboard layout would take over, but its not the case so far..

Sent via DROID X 2.2.1 rooted running Rubix Focused 1.9.7 OC 1.22ghz on Verizon Wireless

OnMy2ndGP

Reaction score
Does this work on CM7?

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums

I don't see why not. I'm on Liquid v2.3 which running pretty much the same as CM7 and the manual edits worked for me.

NOTE: You will also need to edit qwerty.kl too (which is in the same folder as cdma_shadow-keypad.kl)