Facebook can't upload video

silverfang77

Reaction score
The video is maybe two minutes long. Trying to upload with official app. Gets to the end and fails. Have rebooted phone and reset app with no results.

Tappin' and talkin' with Tapatalk!

Miller6386

Developer
Developer
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Note 8
Twitter
CoreyFMiller
Back when I used FB I had the same issues. I started uploading them to youtube then putting the link on FB. Which I'm grateful for now since I deleted my FB account I still have my videos on YouTube

Proudly from Beer Tent Capital of the World

OP
silverfang77

silverfang77

Reaction score
The only problem with that is if I made the videos private on YouTube, I wouldn't be able to share them to Facebook.

OP
silverfang77

silverfang77

Reaction score
It finally uploaded when I got home. I get four bars and good data speed just about everywhere I go. I have no comprehension why Facebook would reject the video when I'm out, then allow me to upload it when I get home. My phone is not on wifi when I get home, but on the same LTE as when I'm out. I've run into this problem before. It's almost like FB simply refuses my videos when I'm in certain areas, then accepts them in others, even though I'm getting a good signal and data service in all areas.

BOBD1950

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
HTC M8
It finally uploaded when I got home. I get four bars and good data speed just about everywhere I go. I have no comprehension why Facebook would reject the video when I'm out, then allow me to upload it when I get home. My phone is not on wifi when I get home, but on the same LTE as when I'm out. I've run into this problem before. It's almost like FB simply refuses my videos when I'm in certain areas, then accepts them in others, even though I'm getting a good signal and data service in all areas.
-----------------------------
Try using mobile ( https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=org.mozilla.firefox ) FireFox while on the url site of Facebook.

OP
silverfang77

silverfang77

Reaction score
Firefox has the ability to upload videos to FB's mobile site? I'll look into it.

OP
silverfang77

silverfang77

Reaction score
Oh, ok. I'll do that next time app refuses to upload a video.

BOBD1950

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
HTC M8
I finally resolved this problem by uploading my videos direct from Windows Live Moviemaker or other third party software with Facebook upload apps like from Iphone, Android, etc. Now I can upload videos again without having to deal with Facebook Copyright. I suppose Facebook only detects the video content i.d. if you upload them directly to Facebook page.

OR:[video=youtube;Jv-baYfDLWo]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jv-baYfDLWo[/video]