Droid X Default Contacts Question

jdsabin1

Reaction score
My question seems straightforward enough. When opening up the default contacts app and choosing the 'Recent' tab, it shows all recent activity (with the option to choose All Calls, Missed Calls. etc). What I don't see though is an option to roll up the same contact into a single entry so it doesn't show the same contact over and over if you talk to them frequently. For example, you have to scroll through a ton if you have a few contacts that you talk to a lot to get to someone that you know you've talked to somewhere between those calls.

The Blackberry interface allowed for this and it was a Godsend because you could more easily and quickly find recent calls made by contacts (and by selecting each individual contact you could then see their respective history).

Does anyone know if I am just missing this option or if it doesn't exist, is there a place where a Droid X owner can submit a feature request like this for consideration?

Thanks in advance!

TwerpPoet

Reaction score
From the sound of it you are using the Dialer app, not the Contact app. Not that you'll find what you are looking for there.

One thing that will work, in either app. When you select the person from the recent call list swipe right. You'll see a list of the calls to and from them. If you have them linked to a Facebook profile you can swipe left and see their most recent Facebook posts.

For the people you deal with constantly, add them to your favorites. Then you can hit the favorites tab, select them, swipe right, and see their call history.

I don't know of anyway to compress the history.

Karlac

Reaction score
One thing that will work, in either app. When you select the person from the recent call list swipe right. You'll see a list of the calls to and from them. If you have them linked to a Facebook profile you can swipe left and see their most recent Facebook posts.

Another of those missing features that makes a former BB user look back in fondness ... on occasion. :)

If hadn't looked at this thread chances are I would have never snapped to the above. Makes you wonder what else you're missing.

Thanks for the informative tidbit!

Juicemane

Bang Bang
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
Website
twitter.com

Another of those missing features that makes a former BB user look back in fondness ... on occasion. :)

If hadn't looked at this thread chances are I would have never snapped to the above. Makes you wonder what else you're missing.

Thanks for the informative tidbit!

Nothing lol. Its there, its just a different threading. BB are heavily threaded, everything can be stream lined. One of the things I always loved about my Curve/Bold.... Actually one of the few things I loved about it lol.