Droid vs Droid Eris

phreakaj

Reaction score
Doe anyone on here have a moto Droid and a Droid Eris? Anyone have an opinion on which is better? I have a droid and love it but was thinking about getting another either moto or eris.

MPG>HP

Reaction score
It's Really HTC Sense Under Adroid vs Moto Droid 1st Gen

I've gone from the kludged up implementation of HTC Sense under wonky Windows Mobile on the Vzw Imagio (excellent platform btw), to checking out the Moto Droid (1st gen effort, clunky as would be expected) to the Vzw HTC Eris Droid (3rd gen hw/sw melding of HTC Sense under Android). Guess which phone I'm happily staying with. Everyone has asked, so I'm making a brief (only about a dozen line) comparo in my spare time, which is forth coming, so check you later.

lowtech

Reaction score
I tried the Droid. I switched to the Eris. The Droid is a WOW! The Eris is an Ahhhhh! :) (The Eris is a smaller, slimmer, more attractive, less hyper-macho phone... just my opinion...) Awaiting updates to help with various issues: battery life, signal strength etc. Love my Eris!

Fairfax22032

Reaction score
I tried the Droid. I switched to the Eris. The Droid is a WOW! The Eris is an Ahhhhh! :) (The Eris is a smaller, slimmer, more attractive, less hyper-macho phone... just my opinion...) Awaiting updates to help with various issues: battery life, signal strength etc. Love my Eris!

Ditto! Even have some of my iPhone-using friends are jealous, largely because of the form factor. The only negative, and it is a minor one for me, is the inability/challenge of integrating with iTunes. I am a big proponent of technology convergence and the Eris offers just enough for me. My iPod nano is fine and works better when I am at the gym. Plus, if I drop it while running I don't worry about losing my phone, calendar, contact list, etc. The same thing goes for the camera - it is imperfect, but does the job when a spontaneous need for a photo pops up.

J. Dub

Reaction score
Those of you with Eris.

Can you:
-save a pic from the internet onto your phone?
-can you copy/paste text?
-do you have option for phone keypad when replying to a text?
-take video well, or does it look shaky?
-text several contacts at once via checking them your contact screen? (without using Handcent or one of those apps)
^for example on my droid I have to type out the contact, if wanting to send to multiple contacts. I can't remember my contacts names and this is a pain

TIA

cap10mark

Reaction score
Those of you with Eris.

Can you:
-save a pic from the internet onto your phone? Yes
-can you copy/paste text? Yes
-do you have option for phone keypad when replying to a text? Press green call button and phone pad comes up. Hit back and you go back to message
-take video well, or does it look shaky? Good Video
-text several contacts at once via checking them your contact screen? (without using Handcent or one of those apps) Yes
^for example on my droid I have to type out the contact, if wanting to send to multiple contacts. I can't remember my contacts names and this is a pain

TIA
Ok, I think I answered everything.

J. Dub

Reaction score
Those of you with Eris.

Can you:
-save a pic from the internet onto your phone? Yes
-can you copy/paste text? Yes
-do you have option for phone keypad when replying to a text? Press green call button and phone pad comes up. Hit back and you go back to message
-take video well, or does it look shaky? Good Video
-text several contacts at once via checking them your contact screen? (without using Handcent or one of those apps) Yes

TIA
Ok, I think I answered everything.

Awesome thanks Cap! I may make the switch over to the Eris.
Save myself $100

New2u

Super Moderator
Reaction score
This will just be an all out brawl. Most people on this forum are going to side with the droid. There are lot of users here that on the other hand had the eris and thought it was a childs toy compared to the droid. I myself think that both units are really good. I think sense UI is pretty nice, but don't want to take half a phone to get it. I also have never been fond of HTC. Unlike some users, i don't care for the look and feel of the eris. Both units are really good, i just much rather use the droid, as that is my liking.

Also take a look at these threads:

http://www.droidforums.net/forum/mo...der-look-eris-before-purchasing-motorola.html

http://www.droidforums.net/forum/droid-general-discussions/3037-droid-eris.html

http://www.droidforums.net/forum/droid-general-discussions/901-motorola-droid-vs-htc-eris.html

Last edited:

Fleury14

Reaction score
Got the droid when it came out and picked upthe Eris for my brother this weekend on the doughnut. Both of us are are new to smart phones. The droid is much more complicated to get a handle on but it absolutely flies. Both are great phones but it depends on what you are using it for. If you aren't a techie the eris is a perfect phone.

lowtech

Reaction score
This will just be an all out brawl. Most people on this forum are going to side with the droid. There are lot of users here that on the other hand had the eris and thought it was a childs toy compared to the droid. I myself think that both units are really good. I think sense UI is pretty nice, but don't want to take half a phone to get it. I also have never been fond of HTC. Unlike some users, i don't care for the look and feel of the eris. Both units are really good, i just much rather use the droid, as that is my liking.

Also take a look at these threads:

http://www.droidforums.net/forum/mo...der-look-eris-before-purchasing-motorola.html

http://www.droidforums.net/forum/droid-general-discussions/3037-droid-eris.html

http://www.droidforums.net/forum/droid-general-discussions/901-motorola-droid-vs-htc-eris.html

Why brawl? It's great we have a choice. I have enough complex technology in my life... nice to have a device that just works well for me.