Droid to Droid file transfer over network?

cloud12077

Reaction score
Is there any apps out there that anyone knows of that can accomplish this?

I have a file on my phone (my phone is my portable flash drive) that I would like to send to my co-worker while I'm on the road.

Currently what we have to do is wait til we are both at work so we can plug our phones into the computer and transfer files back and forth. Just looking for an less time consuming way. Thank you!

kevdog

Reaction score
I sure there are better ways, but the two that pop out of my head are the use of an ftp and ssh server (one is not encrypted, and the other is). Both are market apps.

EbE404

Reaction score
Is there any apps out there that anyone knows of that can accomplish this?

I have a file on my phone (my phone is my portable flash drive) that I would like to send to my co-worker while I'm on the road.

Currently what we have to do is wait til we are both at work so we can plug our phones into the computer and transfer files back and forth. Just looking for an less time consuming way. Thank you!

Dropbox could be a viable option here as well. If you have personal accounts, then you could transfer the files by using your public folders and sending each other URLs to download the files. If you do not have personal accounts, you could create one that you could share, both log into, then whenever one of you uploads a file on one Droid it would be available to the other.

FTP and SSH are viable options as well, but Dropbox might just be easier to set up and manage.

OP
C

cloud12077

Reaction score
Drop box works perfect for us since I can send him a link so he can download the file straight to his phone. Thank you!