Droid 4 Keyboard after JellyBean

Raptor3x6

Reaction score
after the JellyBean install my phone now calls for me to hold the shift button to use any alternate button functions (!,@, # etc.)...anyone have a suggestion so that I just need to press shift once like it was before? Also curious if anyone knows how to adjust the keyboard background light timeout? thanks in advance :p

Last edited:

MRHarmon

Reaction score
At the risk of a "Me Too" I have the same problem. In addition, the map doesn't think that I have enabled Google location when I have enabled it all. Perhaps these two are related to some sort of settings file being in a new place or having different entries.

The old OS was working fine ... why did I click "OK?"

OP
R

Raptor3x6

Reaction score
possible fix?

I reset my phone and the keypad functions returned to normal and after the update my keyboard backlight hasn't been randomly shutting off...WIN!...all and all I should have taken this down but, hopefully this helps other people :)

UrbanBounca

Rescue Squad
Staff member
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
I reset my phone and the keypad functions returned to normal and after the update my keyboard backlight hasn't been randomly shutting off...WIN!...all and all I should have taken this down but, hopefully this helps other people :)

I'm glad there is a fix. My friend was just talking about his D4 keyboard last night.

Sent from my LG-L38C using Droid Forums

vet2be

Reaction score
Do you mean you reset it to factory default settings, or that you rebooted it? My gf has a droid 4.

davestrrr

Reaction score
Has this continued to work for you? What I have experienced is when I reboot, it goes back to normal, but then goes back to this shift-issue after a few to several hours.

OP
R

Raptor3x6

Reaction score
actually I have had to reset it...not to mention there's some autocorrect issues now...urgh

ashobe

Reaction score
At the risk (also) of say me too. I wish someone had a permanent fix for this... very annoying

davestrrr

Reaction score
This issue is still going on. I also can't get the colon ":" button to work correctly in most apps. Does anyone know if this is a Jellybean/Droid 4 compatibility issue, or a Verizon issue? This bug really diminishes the beautiful keyboard, which was the whole reason I got this phone.

vet2be

Reaction score
I swear that Android hires the reject programmers from QAD. Any time there is an "upgrade", functionality is lost.