Droid 3 on Straight Talk in CDMA mode

Deadlykris

Reaction score
I was looking at the Straight Talk website today, and it seems they offer a method of connecting a CDMA phone to their network. Does anyone know if this will work for the Droid 3? I really do want a nicer phone, with LTE capability, but I am also considering switching to Straight Talk when my Verizon contract is up. It would be pointless to get a LTE phone only to switch to Straight Talk, which specifically does not support LTE phones.

I've read the other topics on connecting a Droid 3 to Straight Talk, but they seem to focus on connecting via GSM. I'm not all that confident in the GSM coverage in my area - T-Mobile won't connect at all, and when I had a T-Mobile Blackberry phone it was always picking up on a Corr Wireless tower instead of T-Mobile. Dunno if that reflects on AT&T coverage or not.

So, does anyone know what this would entail? I've been told that I can get the phone unlocked for free from the carrier, there's some law about that (could be an Alabama state law, not sure). Has anyone tried it? How did it go?