Downgrade Gingerbread from ICS

hellboyborn

Reaction score
Hello guys

I am facing grim issue with XT910 after updating to ICS. It gets hang or reboot after it gets on, some time immediately or after few minutes. Things have been tried so far by my friend-

1. Checked with custom ROM's and still have the same issue.
2.Done with RSDlite - no change.
3. Tried factory reset and wipe- no use.

I am new to motorola device and dont know where to begin, I am pretty good with HTC,Samsung, LG but never used moto device before. So I have request you to guide me where to begin to solve this issue. I am thinking of wiping the device completely and install gingerbread and then update it to ICS. I have read somewhere its not possible to go back from ICS, is it true? If not let me know the way. I will be grateful.

Thanks

OP
H

hellboyborn

Reaction score
^^ Thanks for the reply friend, so what ways I have left now to make a clean install, so that problem gets solved. Should I use Droid RAZR Utility 1.8? Or do we have any other stronger tool for this razr?

rochaeliseo

Reaction score
Are you on the .211 build? The Utilities have been my saving grace in the past with my Razr. You could try the fast boot restore but if you don't mind playing with build leaks then I'd highly suggest side loading the .215 leak.

OP
H

hellboyborn

Reaction score
Right now it has Cyanogen 9. How should I proceed to load the .215 leak?

rochaeliseo

Reaction score
I'm reapplying the Leak to my phone as we speak. :-D

Well first off you'd need to fast boot back down to stock android .211 using the Utility, but you will lose your mod when doing this to upgrade to the leak...

After you're back onto .211 it's recommended not to be rooted to proceed to the .215 Leak.

Then you need to download the leak which a quick google search should be able to find for you.

Once downloaded move the file to your phones SD card, preferably not in a special folder or something just out in the open and DO NOT RENAME IT.

Next make sure your phone has AT LEAST a 70% battery charge.

Now shut down your phone,then hold the power and both volume up and down buttons at the same time and you should be brought to a black screen with white writing.

There should be an option for Recover, press the volume down to scroll down to it and the press the volume up to select it.

It'll go to the boot screen, if you haven't changed it it'll be the Motorola emblem. Then wait until you see the little android guy laying on his back with a triangle coming out of his chest (best way I can explain it).

Then press both the volume up and down keys at the same time and it'll bring you to another screen.

Then use the volume key to go down one to the Apply Update from External Storage. then press the Power button to select it and it'll start updating to the .215 leak.

And a Reminder I'm not responsible if you mess up and brick you your phone in any way. :) There's a video on YouTube if you'd rather watch than read.

[video=youtube;0vVsi87XMfU]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0vVsi87XMfU[/video]

rochaeliseo

Reaction score
Oh also after the update is installed be sure to use the power button to reboot the phone to finish it all up. :)

OP
H

hellboyborn

Reaction score
Thanks man for the big post, I will try and will report back.