Disable buttons for kid use?

Dr.Dad

Reaction score
I am positive that there are others out there that occasionally allow kids to play with their phone. Also, I am positive that I am not the only dad who has kids that like to touch the buttons.
I have toddler lock which is OK, but I would like to show my youngest 19mos a cartoon, but I want to try and disable the buttons or screen, so she doesn't turn it off or mess it up?
Any thoughts, other than shock therapy every time she presses the home key? Maybe an app (like toddler lock) that has a pattern to turn the buttons back on? Maybe like toddler lock except have whatever is running on the droid be the background?
Thank you in advance!

OP
Dr.Dad

Dr.Dad

Reaction score
Well.........I have insurance, and I didn't let her play with it until there wasn't such a backorder for a new one!!! However, the seidio rugged is looking better every time I let her play with it......even though I'll have to lug my phone around in a wheelbarrow!!!

OP
Dr.Dad

Dr.Dad

Reaction score
I'm not a developer but here is another idea.....anyone know if this is available/ possible?

How about turn something like rockplayer into a widget and then us it on widget locker?

However, I still think toddlerlock and show what is on the homescreen instead of the shapes, colors, and sounds would be the best scenario and the type of thing I am looking for......just thinking out loud to your smart people!

OP
Dr.Dad

Dr.Dad

Reaction score
Now that people have had the droid x longer.....
any thoughts or ideas on my make believe application:

basically like toddler lock, except instead of the shapes and colors, you have an application running, like rockplayer
basically, be able to run an app but all of the buttons are disabled until you touch all four corners (like toddler lock)

I contacted toddler lock to see if there was a simple modification to the app to allow you to use an app instead of the given shapes and colors, but no reply

any thoughts? thanks!

AMelis

Reaction score
I've seen two shattered Droids and two shattered iPhones. All of them were done by toddlers. And shattered Gorilla glass is mighty sharp.
Good luck.

[email protected]

Reaction score
I'm looking for something similar. There are times when they just need a sit down and be quiet for a few minutes distraction- waiting in an airport etc. I would like to play apps like kid TV for my 4 and 2 year old, but inevitably someone touches a button. I like Toddler lock, Toddler video player (plays only videos loaded on the phone) and Kid Mode / Zoodle, but would love a background lock app that would apply to other applications that don't have the lock feature built in.

Rocko

Reaction score
Let the kids play outside, they will enjoy that better.

Dabitz

Reaction score
App protector ... You can choose what to lock. I use it when my daughter plays games on my phone.

It also has an easy on off widget.