Different ways to install LIBERTY GB for noobs!

mcneilmoe

Reaction score
A lot of people are asking how to install liberty gb and keep messing up their phones. Well here are all of the ways to install it.dancedroid

-First you want to be rooted

-Next your android version must be 2.3.3.. to check this go to settings and about phone

-It does not matter if you are on 531, 52305, 563563143,,, just as long as you are on 2.3.3 gb!

-Go to the market and download Liberty Toolbox Donate, it will cost you five dollars!

-open it and go to rom manager and nightlies

-find the newest one and download it

-once its done downloading, click Wipe data and backup.

-it will boot into clockworkmod and install..

if it gets stuck on an yellow fist on bootup that means you didnt wipe or were not on gb.

bootup will take 5 min

:icon_evil:

heres a crappy video i made if you need help....
[video=youtube;TiRUui9RSWQ]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TiRUui9RSWQ&feature=channel_video_title]YouTube - ‪Liberty Gingerbread Installation!‬‏[/video]

SuzakuTheKnight

Reaction score
Hey, I just rooted my Froyo D2 and attempted to install Liberty GB using the instructions from the sticky:

Options 1:

1) Download Liberty Toolbox Donate
2) Go to Rom Manager > Nightlies
3) Click the rom and it will install it for you

I didn't see anything stating that the phone had to already have 2.3.3 until I read this post after already having hit install. And sure enough, I'm stuck at the yellow fist just like you said. I've trying to get to the recovery (Power + X), but that freezes at the android with the exclamation triangle.

Any advice?

Tillyswilly

Reaction score
did you install the leaked GB from droid life b4 you installed Liberty GB?

TreFiDDy

Reaction score
Hey, I just rooted my Froyo D2 and attempted to install Liberty GB using the instructions from the sticky:

Options 1:

I didn't see anything stating that the phone had to already have 2.3.3 until I read this post after already having hit install. And sure enough, I'm stuck at the yellow fist just like you said. I've trying to get to the recovery (Power + X), but that freezes at the android with the exclamation triangle.

Any advice?

Your going to have sbf your phone. Its suck in a bootloop. Your going to want to find an sbf file for your phone. And rsd lite 4.8 or 4.9

Sent from my Liberated DROIDX

OP
M

mcneilmoe

Reaction score

Options 1:

Any advice?
TBH & MyDroidWorld Present: Droid 2 (2.3.20) Triple Threat

this might help :)

SuzakuTheKnight

Reaction score
Ok, I've gotten everything set up, but in RSD Lite 4.8 the Start button is still grayed out after selecting the device and sbf file.

John Gi

Reaction score
What's the diffrence between the deodoxed one nd the regular rooted one?

Sent from my DROID2 using DroidForums