Deleting Ringtones

Duganz

Reaction score
Using Astro (or another file manager utility), just go to /sdcard/media/audio/ringtones

This is while the phone is plugged into my PC correct? When using the file manager app I downloaded on the phone I don't even show a media folder.

OP
windstrings

windstrings

Reaction score
Using Astro (or another file manager utility), just go to /sdcard/media/audio/ringtones

This is while the phone is plugged into my PC correct? When using the file manager app I downloaded on the phone I don't even show a media folder.

If plugged into your computer and you have your sd card mounted, you must access it from the computer.. you don't need astro as the computer explorer sees it.

You must "dismount" it before its released for the droid to be able to view it via "astro".

Either way works, you just can't do both at the same time.

Duganz

Reaction score

If plugged into your computer and you have your sd card mounted, you must access it from the computer.. you don't need astro as the computer explorer sees it.

You must "dismount" it before its released for the droid to be able to view it via "astro".

Either way works, you just can't do both at the same time.

I've realized this. Is the Media folder one that I should create for organization purposes? I've used myxer for a few mp3's and i can't seem to view them anywhere in the directories of my phone from either my computer or the phone when it is standalone.

Edit: I've connected my phone to the computer and when i'm exploring it through windows it doesn't have media folder either, and most of the files shown on my computer are empty. None of them contain mp3's or wallpapers I've downloaded.

Last edited:

Groucho

Reaction score
Any mp3 dropped in that ringtones folder can be used as a ringtone.

Duganz

Reaction score
That's the thing. I have no Ringtones folder to speak of. I have.manually made a media folder for video and music and they work. Can I do the same with the ringtones?

Groucho

Reaction score
You can set it up manually as you describe, or you can go to your music player, find the mp3 file you want to use, long hold, and select "Use as Ringtone".

A good app that will help you with this is RingDroid. It's especially useful if you want to crop the source file in any way.

Ballplayn101

Reaction score
Deleting Myxer Tones off your Droid

For some strange reason when you download Myxertones they download straight to your phone, NOT your SD card. They are not stored in any Files but they show up when you go to change your ringtones. So please don't go changing your file setting because nothing is wrong. You have to go to your:
Settings -->Applications --> Manage Applications --> (in your menu hit filter to open all folders) --> DRM Protected Content Storage --> Clear Data
This will clear all Ringtons.

beekeeper

Reaction score
There are several apps on the market that will help you manage the ringtones that you've created via RingDroid or "Use song as ringtone". Ring Remover is a simple (free) app that just handles tones created by the "Use song as...", while Ring Commander is a (low-priced) app that lets you arbitrarily hide, restore, repurpose, or delete ringtones. (And everything except "delete" can be done with system ringtones as well, if you find that you are really tired of seeing those Motorola tones cluttering up your list.)

(Note, however, that DRM protected ringtones -- typically purchased from a website and sent directly to the phone from that site -- are pretty much unmanageable. All you can do is delete all of them in a batch via the method described here.)

Stang68

Reaction score
How would I go about deleting a ringtone that came on the phone?

roadside

Reaction score
I have the razr maxx hd cant get it ether.. please help been looking for hours on how to and nothing I can find is removing the song names from the list when I select them it does the "DROD" voice.

roadside

Reaction score
I have the razr maxx hd cant get it ether.. please help been looking for hours on how to and nothing I can find is removing the song names from the list when I select them it does the "DROD" voice.

So the only thing you can do is factory reset the phone. Per Motorola and Verizon Tech Support. Thanks everyone for the help. (sarcasm)