contact number issue with facebook

segen77

Reaction score
Here's my latest problem.

I have my brothers home number programed in as brother home. apparently my niece, who i am friends with on facebook, has this number listed on her profile. So now, when i call brother home it shows my nieces picture and name instead. the messed up part is I can't go in and edit it on the phone because it's her profile, and it says that it can't be edited on this phone. Any idea how to not get it to pull from facebook. I thought i had it set not to sync, and her profile name doesn't show up in my current contact list. Any help is appreciated.

thanks

silverx10

Reaction score
I'd imagine that if you go in and create your brother a Gmail contact on your phone, you can assign him that phone number to use as opposed to her (by setting it as his default), that should work.

I had a similar issue... kinda... where my friend had cleverly disguised his phone number on Facebook (to combat the ever-growing army of phone-spamming bots, or something, I dunno), which messed with his contact on the DROID. And like you, I couldn't edit his Facebook information. BUT, by making the Gmail contact (which was automatically merged with his Facebook contact), I was able to create and set a new default phone number.

May work, may not.

But I tried. ;)