Change default "reply to all" in texting

mandygirl5

Reaction score
Hey all,
I sometimes receive texts/pics that have been sent to several people, often including people I don't know. The default reply mode is "reply to all" which I never want to do. I have to physically choose "reply to sender" (the first time I didn't realize it was replying to all and got a few texts from people wondering who the hell I was). I want to change the default to "reply to sender," as it was on my D1, but haven't been able to figure it out. Does anyone know how to do it? Thanks!

Sent from my DROID3 using DroidForums

nj2az

Reaction score
Reply to Sender ONLY

I know it's not a change to the default when replying to a text with multiple recipients, but if you touch and hold the message that you want to reply to a menu pops up and gives you the option to reply only to sender. I'm going to the Verizon Store today to see if I can change the default. My mother in law is on my plan and has a DROID 3 and replied to all instead of just me last night...she got a lot of "who is this?" and "why are you texting me?" replies and she was pretty confused. Anyway, hope this helps!

PhotoMaster

Reaction score
I know it's not a change to the default when replying to a text with multiple recipients, but if you touch and hold the message that you want to reply to a menu pops up and gives you the option to reply only to sender.

Thank you so much! So far this is the simplest method to do it. Please let us know if you figure a way of changing the default.

OP
M

mandygirl5

Reaction score
Thanks, and yep, I did figure that out after a couple of embarrassments of replying to all. It's just an extra step. One would think that the default would be reply to sender and your extra step would be reply to all, because really, how often does one actually want to reply to all? If you found out anything at the Verizon store, please let me know! I live in a podunk area, and know much more about my Droid than the people at my local store, so they are of no help. Thanks!

Sent from my DROID3 using DroidForums

meb1019

Reaction score
Thank you... have been struggling with this 'problem' for sooooo long! Somehow I could not figure it out...and the 'help' category on Verizon for the DROID does not address it!
I know it's not a change to the default when replying to a text with multiple recipients, but if you touch and hold the message that you want to reply to a menu pops up and gives you the option to reply only to sender. I'm going to the Verizon Store today to see if I can change the default. My mother in law is on my plan and has a DROID 3 and replied to all instead of just me last night...she got a lot of "who is this?" and "why are you texting me?" replies and she was pretty confused. Anyway, hope this helps!