Can't VPN with droids with PDANet or built on.

JordanCN

Reaction score
I have several models of droids on AT+T and Verizon and none of them appear to be able to connect to our Windows 2003 server (RRAS) over PPTP with either their built on VPN client or using PDANet tethering via USB (No blue tooth to check). None of the Windows Mobile phones are having an issue with either, nor are the iPhones or any laptop using Windows VPN. This server has been unchanged for years.

If I try to connect using the built on VPN by doing the following:
  • Settings
  • Wireless + Networks
  • VPN Settings
  • Add VPN
  • Add PPTP VPN
    • Name = MyWork
    • Server = vpn.mydomain.com
    • Enable Encryption = Checked
    • DNS Search domains = Tried blank, IP of DNS server, domain name, etc.

The connection appears to connect, however I cannot ping anything from the phone using one of the NetStats apps. The NetStats apps show me connected with what appears to be a correct IP address from my RRAS Server. Just no traffic goes through.

This is similar with PDANet as well. PDANet worked great on all the WM and BBs so we got it for the droids however none are working. The laptops connect to PDANet and fire up the Windows DUN built in VPN connection and none work. However if they use their wireless at home, a hotel or the airport they are able to connect. Just not with PDANet or the Droid built on.

The difference with the built on VPN and PDANet is that the built on looks like it stays connected, but still does nothing, while PDANet will attempt to connect, get to Verifying Username and password....., but come back with an error saying that the server did not respond in a timely manner.

tennvol

Reaction score
My PRO and pdanet hook right up to my vpn using rsa secure id

Sent from my DROID PRO using DroidForums