Cant change notification tone?

D

dezidez87

I looked around for this issue and did really find anything exactly like my issue.
I have no problem putting ringtones on my Droid, and had no problem setting the ones I put on it as notifications. My issue is that now I cant change the notification tone from one that I put on there... I dunno if this has anything to do with it but i use ebuddy IM client thingie. There's no way for me to change the notification on that but when I change it on my cell (settings>sound&display>notification ringtone) it only changes the ebuddy sound...?
As if having only one notification tone for sms, mms and voicemail, werent enough, not being able to change it is just the cherry on top... Dare I say it makes me miss my StormII :icon_eek:
ANYWAY, any assistance with this issue would be more than greatly appreciated. Thanx guys.

EDIIIT
: Or maybe I was wrong. I thought the tone it wouldnt change from was one that I put on there but it wasnt. Its stuck on the Tinkerbell ringtone and wont even change to any of the other stock tones. Also, it rings twice. annoying. I'm gonna do more searching but assistance still requested :blink:

Last edited by a moderator:

OyVOid

Reaction score
Try using the RingDroid app. It's free and easy.

You are right, going to menu>settings>sound & display> notification ringtone will tell you what you're currently using. But it's weird that you can't change and selection another one from the list. You should be able to select from the stock choices.

I didn't like the stock ringtones on the Droid so I downloaded some bird songs from the internet and used my RingDroid to create new notification ringtones. With RingDroid, you can cut and slice your music and save as music, alarm, notification, or ringtone.

Geken

Reaction score
It sounds like you need to change the notification tone specifically for the ebuddy IM client. I haven't used that app before, but try pressing the menu button and see if there is a way to change the notification tone for THAT app

SephJoe

Reaction score
I am having this exact same problem. I downloaded ring tones but blno matter what i set it to in the settings, it stays on the default, drrooid. Was ok at first but quickly got old. Any help on this issue would be great.

huntingcrazy

Reaction score
I am having this exact same problem. I downloaded ring tones but blno matter what i set it to in the settings, it stays on the default, drrooid. Was ok at first but quickly got old. Any help on this issue would be great.

Me too!!!!!!! I downloaded several new notifications, but it is stuck on the default sound. I have even tried the ringdroid app. HELP!!!