Calendar not syncing from phone to google calendar

WineDog

Reaction score
As far as I'm concerned Gingerbread is half baked.

When I enter in an event on my phone, like for instance I'm with a client and we're making an appointment, it takes on the phone but won't sync upwardly to Google calendar. It will sync from google calendar down to the phone just not the other way. All the settings are proper. I've gone through them 100 times.

When I did the upgrade on 7/18, my phone locked up and went blank. I had to have a tech to a hard reboot and return my phone to factory settings. Yea. notsomuch.

I've read in different places similar problems but none of the fixes fix mine.

Anyone? Bueller?

PhotoMaster

Reaction score
I got it! When we create appointments under GB, it defaults to "Phone Calendar". The top line says Calendar and has a drop down menu. Set that to your gmail account, and your event will go to Google Calendar. After the first time you do it, it should automatically come up with your gmail, but I will now check it every time.

I had to delete each event and re-create them as gmail calendar event. So as not to screw them up, I created each one on the web site. Then I had all double events on the calendar in my phone. Then I deleted all the green ones (Phone Calendar).

This should work for you too.

OP
W

WineDog

Reaction score
DUDE!!!!! That was it! I am a happy woman, thank you!

PhotoMaster

Reaction score
Glad I could help. Someone else had mentioned it, but not in any detail. Once I figured it out I had to post it.

Sent from my DROID X2 using DroidForums

DKG

Reaction score
I got it! When we create appointments under GB, it defaults to "Phone Calendar". The top line says Calendar and has a drop down menu. Set that to your gmail account, and your event will go to Google Calendar. After the first time you do it, it should automatically come up with your gmail, but I will now check it every time.

I had to delete each event and re-create them as gmail calendar event. So as not to screw them up, I created each one on the web site. Then I had all double events on the calendar in my phone. Then I deleted all the green ones (Phone Calendar).

This should work for you too.

How did you set it to your gmail account after you pull down your calendars?