bloat ware can't be disabled?

djspy

Reaction score
I just read the droid life review of the RAZR HD and it says that not only can you not uninstal the bloat like before but now you cant even disable it. WTF? is this true?

draculam3k

Reaction score
My sister just got the razr maxx hd and no issues with disabling bloat ware so I am not sure what they were talking about.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

YankInDaSouth

Theme Developer
Theme Developer
Reaction score
Website
www.wix.com
There are a few apps that can't be disabled though (I forget which or how many). You can set up the favorite tab in the app draw to keep them out of view though - or install a third party launcher that allows you to hide apps in the app draw (like Nova Launcher).

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 2

StiffOneEye

Reaction score
I just read the droid life review of the RAZR HD and it says that not only can you not uninstal the bloat like before but now you cant even disable it. WTF? is this true?

It is true as far as I can tell. I rooted mine and tried uninstalling Slacker Radio with Titanium Backup. TB says it has been uninstalled but then I refresh the apps list and there it is again. Slacker is a pain because it's always running and has a million updates.

YankInDaSouth

Theme Developer
Theme Developer
Reaction score
Website
www.wix.com
Slacker can be disabled

ubuhasa6.jpg

Sent from my DROID RAZR MAXX HD using Tapatalk 2

Last edited:
Reaction score
djspy said:

If true that would suck big time.

dan.dar

Reaction score
You go into settings, apps then click one you don't want and press disable. Simple and works on everything except for Verizon apps app, my Verizon and smart actions.

I disabled the Verizon navigator app this way and the two games that came with the phone.

Sent from my MAXX HD.