Best Buy quit selling Huawei phones

me just sayin

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Note 8
It is going to get harder to find Huawei phones. Best Buy is following AT$T and Verizon by not selling the phones. Wonder if the government pressured them too? It is just about to the point where if you want one, you will need to order it online.

Best Buy, the nation's largest electronics big box retailer, has ceased ordering new smartphones from Huawei and will stop selling its products over the next few weeks, according to a person familiar with the situation. Best Buy made the decision to end the relationship, the person said.

Scoop: In blow to Huawei, Best Buy will stop selling its smartphones

Jonny Kansas

Administrator
Staff member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Website
www.google.com
Current Phone Model
Pixel XL
Twitter
jonny_ks
It's a shame they can't get a foot-hold in the States. I guess I get where the concerns are coming from since they're a Chinese company, but they make nice devices. I really liked the Nexus 6P until I had enough of people saying they had trouble hearing me on calls. Haha

IMO, more options is always better for the consumer, especially when they make quality devices at a more wallet-friendly price (at times).

Jonny Kansas

Administrator
Staff member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Website
www.google.com
Current Phone Model
Pixel XL
Twitter
jonny_ks
I saw on Twitter earlier that Huawei had their billboard trucks parked outside of Apple & Samsung stores today, trolling them. Ha

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

bkdodger

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Note 10+
They have some quality phones.. it looks like no US sales.. So of ya want one online sales only...

Pixel 2 XL

kodiak799

Gold Member
Reaction score
I wonder who they made mad

I thought it was just about Chinese spying/hacking.

And I guess we're just going to ignore that Lenovo is also a Chinese company, despite Thinkpad being a major player in business laptops....

Jonny Kansas

Administrator
Staff member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Website
www.google.com
Current Phone Model
Pixel XL
Twitter
jonny_ks
I think it's funny that the Android news sites & Unbox Therapy are tweeting from the Huawei event in Paris today. I know they've got fans all over, but it's gonna be hard to get their new devices in the States.

Sajo

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 7 Pro
I think there is more to it than just a spying/hacking case.
I don't. I think it's really that simple. Our government thinks that company is "in bed" with their government and ours is putting pressure on companies here to sever all ties with their products. I'm not saying there is any truth in these claims, and nor do I really care, I'm just saying I think it's that simple.

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk

Jonny Kansas

Administrator
Staff member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Website
www.google.com
Current Phone Model
Pixel XL
Twitter
jonny_ks
I don't. I think it's really that simple. Our government thinks that company is "in bed" with their government and ours is putting pressure on companies here to sever all ties with their products. I'm not saying there is any truth in these claims, and nor do I really care, I'm just saying I think it's that simple.

Idk. I like to imagine that Apple & Samsung are putting pressure (& dollars) in the right place to keep them out of this market. It's easy to use the Chinese government as a scapegoat/scare tactic on this one. It's an electronics conspiracy.

Sajo

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 7 Pro
I suppose that is possible also. We will probably never know the whole story or full truth.