Battery loss mystery and Dolphin

moot

Reaction score
I left this morning with my battery nearly full (4/5). I started up Dolphin, went to google.com, searched for something and pressed "home" and put my phone on stand by.

4 hours later, my battery is red, and I'm getting a warning message. I go into the battery info page, and it is showing that Dolphin, which is still on the google home page, is taking up 80 percent of my battery.

I don't remember this happening before, maybe it was the new update? Any explanation for this? I usually don't force close Dolphin and just home screen out of it, in the past. But now it seems to be sucking up so much battery, when its not even doing anything.

HELP! Thanks.

Magdroid

Reaction score
Delete Dolphin. LOL. I've had nothing but problems withthat app. Many people will argue with me. But I wouldn't recommend this browser to anyone. Wait for mozilla to release Fennec.

JB0047

Reaction score
I had the very same problem. I deleted Droid and use the OS browser. It's fine.

kable

Reaction score
My battery only lasts 4-6 hours also. maybe I will /uninstall Dolphin and see if that resolves the issue. Of course I do stream a lot of music with Pandora. Dolphin is a nice browser, would hate too lose it.

LifeIsABeach

Reaction score
I use Dolphin and only need to charge once every few days. Something screwy went on there.

LrdElderon

Reaction score
Dolphin works fine and I don't think is the problem, but i think it doesn't like to let go of resources. just hold the back button down long press and hit exit... then any problems you have are not from dolphin at least...

chops

Reaction score
dolphin is good though because stock browser does not have option for your droid to be recognized as a desktop for websites so you will get wap sites and some sites do not have the option to not look at wap sites

Erren

Reaction score
I've experienced the same problem. I have no evidence to back it up, but I believe it's related to the new Google homepage function "What's Near Me?" I believe Dolphin isn't properly disabling the GPS when not active.

To make sure the GPS is stopping when you exit Dolphin, long press on you back button and select "Exit."

LifeIsABeach

Reaction score
I've experienced the same problem. I have no evidence to back it up, but I believe it's related to the new Google homepage function "What's Near Me?" I believe Dolphin isn't properly disabling the GPS when not active.

To make sure the GPS is stopping when you exit Dolphin, long press on you back button and select "Exit."

Interesting. That could be it because I have GPS turned off and set Google not to use my Location and don't see the problem.

OP
moot

moot

Reaction score

Ah, I think this is deff. it.

Thanks for your reply. Now I know not to leave it on the google homepage.