Battery charging itself...?

iKN0WaGH0ST

Reaction score
Its weird and just someting I've noticed. I was on my phone and then locked it because I was about to watch an episode of Dexter. I clearly remember my battery having 18% left. An hour later I finished my episode and I picked up my phone to see 19%. I checked the battery usage graph and surely enough sometimes the line graph goes upwards slightly. Is this due to my battery being calibrated? 3 charge cycles ago I wiped my battery stats.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1324796828183.png
    uploadfromtaptalk1324796828183.png
    92 KB · Views: 367
OP
iKN0WaGH0ST

iKN0WaGH0ST

Reaction score
I guess I should have browsed before posting this... just saw another thread on the same issue (if you would call it that)
Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk

xaelith

Reaction score
This is probably just a wild stab in the dark...

...But what i think what might be going on is at the time before you locked the phone, it showed the charge level right then with current usage. When you locked the phone, some stuff turned off and thus was not using power, which in turn leads to the phone as reading a higher charge state when you next turned the screen back on. Not 100% on that, but just a semi-educated guess.

ænyoc

Reaction score
I've experienced the same thing... it seems to coincide with screen off

Survivor of the Great 2011 Verizon Google Samsung Galaxy Nexus Prime Debacle and proud owner of a Galaxy Nexus and Original Droid 1/Milestone. Sent from my Sexy Lexus Galaxy Nexus.