At my wit's end. Random reboots, then no carrier service.

bunkbed

Reaction score
Hey forum.

For the past few months my bionic has been driving me crazy. All service will drop, then constant self-rebooting. Eventually the phone will idle but with no carrier service and all MEID etc values displayed as unknown. The only way to regain network coverage has been to flash 4.0.4 again in RSD. This happens to me rooted, unrooted, custom rom, and stock. Sometimes I go a week or two with no problem, sometimes only a day or two.

Is there anything I can do to stop this madness without replacing the phone?

deduct

Reaction score
I hate to tell you this but it may be time for another phone. I had the same issue with my launch day bionic a couple of months ago and only fxz 246 would help it for a small amount of time. I finally broke down and paid $100 for an asurion replacement. Be sure to carefully inspect the replacement phone after you get it. The first one they sent was crap. So far this bionic has been good. Keep in mind too that the moto x is not far off. So if you can use the current bionic or an older phone you may have till then it may be worth saving the money and spending it on the new x.

derpy

Reaction score
I was given a Bionic recently with similar problems, except it reboots itself after about 3 minutes and 14 seconds of uptime. Every single time. It never connects to the tower but can connect to wifi just fine. It also shows unknown for ICCID and all that. FDR, reflashing, rooting, installing custom ICS roms didn't fix it. The only thing that did fix it (mostly) was flashing one of the JB roms onto it. But even then, it takes literally 5-10 minutes to communicate with the towers before you can even make a call, and it loses data service quite often. I was told that it worked perfectly on stock until it was upgraded to ICS several months ago. I never could figure out what's up with it...

SpeJ3435

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
64GB White Nexus 6
My bionic started doing the same thing about 2 months ago. I fxz'd it and as previously mentioned it fixed the problem for a week then I started having issues again. I'm so close to buying a gnex to replace it since I don't fell like dropping $600 for any of the new phones to keep my unlimited data.

derpy

Reaction score
Have you tried fxz 246 derby?

I did. Still didn't fix the problem. I recently took it out and tried to fix it again but was unsuccessful. Which is too bad, because I had one of these once and it was a pretty decent phone.

RivertonPaul

Reaction score
I'm beginning to wonder if this is a ploy to finally get us those who still have unlimited data so frustrated that we will change phones and lose unlimited data.

deduct

Reaction score
I would not doubt that Paul. My launch day bionic finally fizzled out on me close to my contract end date. I will never sign again and lose my unlimited however. So if it is some grand scheme, they can shove it!!!

Last edited:

JayBusa102709

Reaction score
I would not doubt that Paul. My launch day bionic finally fizzled out on me close to my contract end date. I will never sign again and lose my unlimited however. So if it is some grand scheme, they can shove it!!!

Oh no your bionic crapped out

deduct

Reaction score
Yessir. Would not hold a data signal at all. Even a new sim card and multiple fxz of 246 would not fix it so had to get an asurion bionic replacement.

angelbowler

Reaction score
Yessir. Would not hold a data signal at all. Even a new sim card and multiple fxz of 246 would not fix it so had to get an asurion bionic replacement.

My stock Bionic was doing that too, received two SIM cards and a battery. And on occasion my phone unchecks the box to allow data. No one yet has been able to tell me why that happens. But my other signal issues were due to a VZW tower that isn't working right. But today it has worked fine....maybe they fixed it after I gave them all the info.

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Droid Forums

Last edited:

angelbowler

Reaction score
Is this for rooted phones only or anyone?

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Droid Forums