Asus PadFone Infinity Pre-Orders Open in Taiwan; Shipping in April

dgstorm

Editor in Chief
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
asus-padfone-infinity-eprice.jpg

It was just announced the new Padfone Infinity will begin shipping in April in Asus' home country of Taiwan. It is already available for preorder there as well. Here's a quote with some of the details,

Now the smartphone-tablet hybrid is available for pre-order in Taiwan, Asus’ home country, where it’s going to hit the shelves starting next month (April) – in two color versions: gray and pink.

Taiwanese customers can get the Padfone Infinity 32GB smartphone alone (hence without the tablet dock) for 20,990 TWD ($702), and the 64GB version for 22,990 ($769). The tablet dock makes the whole thing 5,000 TWD ($167) more expensive.

The smartphone features a 5 inch display with 1920 x 1080 pixels (Full HD), LTE connectivity, 13MP rear camera, 2MP front-facing camera, quad-core 1.7GHz Qualcomm Snapdragon 600 processor, 2GB of RAM, and a 2,400 mAh battery. The tablet comes with a 10.1 inch display of the same Full HD resolution, 1MP front-facing camera, and a 5,000 mAh battery. Android 4.2 Jelly Bean runs the show.

The Asus Padfone Infinity will be released in April in other markets, too – including in the UK.

How many of you guys plan on picking this super-gadget up when it arrives in your country?

Here's the link to ePrice where you can preorder it in Taiwan: PadFone Infinity ???? $20,990 ?? (?1?) - ???? - ePrice???

Source: UnWiredView

Last edited:

94lt1

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo 2
I was wanting something like this ..its cool and to have a pad and a phone ...the price is pretty good..but just the phone alone....wow..why are these things getting so pricey?

smalltowngirl13

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Z Force 2
Twitter
smalltownlife13
This would be tempting...I would like to see a bit bigger on the battery for the phone tho.

kodiak799

Gold Member
Reaction score
Nice specs on the phone...but almost $950 for the two together? I guess that's a value if you look at phone and tablet separately.

Problem I see is a person would almost have to be in the market for both to buy. I've been thinking about a tablet, but really little desire since I got my ultrabook (which is awesome). I like a physical keyboard, so you can't really beat an ultrabook.