anyone get burned by photobucket

me just sayin

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Note 8
anyone here get burned by photobucket with their new policies. I wonder how many pictures posted in this forum will have error images?

from theVerge

Thousands of listings from online marketplaces like Amazon, eBay, and Etsy are now filled with unsightly error images by Photobucket after the photo hosting site quietly introduced a $399 annual fee to users who want to embed images on third party websites. Users are now accusing Photobucket of extortion, as the service failed to make the update to its terms of service abundantly clear.

radon222

Platinum Member
Reaction score
I haven't seen it here yet...but it's been plaguing users of several other forums that I frequent. It's getting harder & harder to direct photo linking from the web services. Dropbox changed their "public" folder and even Google Photo's is a PITA too.

OP
me just sayin

me just sayin

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Note 8
I have a few hotlinked and as far as I can tell, they have not done anything about it or sent me a bill. I know I have one linked to this forum. I plan on waiting to see what happens, when it does, then I will start storing them under a domain name account.