Amazon Kindle Fire HD Variants Pre-Order Page Links from Amazon

dgstorm

Editor in Chief
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
amazon-kindle-fire-preorder-pages.png

Amazon launched their new line of Kindle and Kindle Fire products today, as you probably noticed from our big post earlier today. Since then, Amazon has put these devices up for pre-order. We thought it would be useful to you guys to have these links in case you were thinking about grabbing one of these devices soon or for the holidays. We included a few individual pre-order links below to the various Kindle Fire HD versions. Each of these versions also has a couple or more variants that have different sized storage capacities, and different prices. Enjoy!

Kindle Fire HD 8.9" 4G LTE Wireless

Kindle Fire HD 8.9"

Kindle Fire HD

Last edited:

bazar6

Premium Member
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
Website
www.imbazar.me
$200 extra to have an LTE radio included??? Plus you'll have to pay VZW/AT&T/Sprint for a line and data per month (or do the one time $50 for 250mb at 12months)? Definitely wouldn't be worth it for me... And they're using AT&T's 4G LTE logo at the top of the page, though they don't say anywhere on the page if they're carrier specific. So I assume you can use it on any LTE carrier... which if that's the case, they shouldn't using one brand's LTE logo in particular, and design something themselves.

O well. Glad to see they're doing an update to the model, I'm not a big fan of an 8.9" form-factor, but they create choices and the consumer wins. hopefully folks will be able to get it rooted and Rom'd correctly, especially at the prices they have them for.

LocoRon

Reaction score
For those who haven't read, it looks like all these new models will be ad-supported, with no way to opt-out (aside from certain methods that would no doubt void the warranty).