Amazon Echo recorded private conversation

me just sayin

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Note 8
It is being reported that the Amazon Echo recorded a womans conversation and randomly sent it to a contact. What a bummer. Wonder what exactly caused the issue since I have alexa in every room.

I guess this is something to consider because it could happen with any ai device, not just the echos.

Privacy scare, or Alexa butt-dial?

Danielle says that the family got in touch with Amazon's engineering department, who were able to confirm that audio had indeed been unintentionally broadcast.

"They said, 'Our engineers went through your logs, and they saw exactly what you told us, they saw exactly what you said happened, and we're sorry,'

OP
me just sayin

me just sayin

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Note 8
Amazon claims they figured out what happened.

Echo woke up due to a word in background conversation sounding like "Alexa." Then, the subsequent conversation was heard as a "send message" request. At which point, Alexa said out loud "To whom?" At which point, the background conversation was interpreted as a name in the customers contact list. Alexa then asked out loud, "[contact name], right?" Alexa then interpreted background conversation as "right". As unlikely as this string of events is, we are evaluating options to make this case even less likely.

Amazon explains why Alexa recorded and sent a conversation to a random contact

davidmichaels

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
motorola g4
Yeah i read it on a website that amazon echo recorded some conversations, couldn't find the link to that news can anyone provide authentic site ?